WiFi print server

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Eduard

Re: WiFi print server

Post by Eduard »

ispyisail wrote:
If all else fails
The DAP-1350 has a special D-Link firmware mode that runs a HTTP server on 192.168.0.50 for uploading new firmware. If you get locked out and/or brick your device, you can get into this mode by holding down the reset button for 30-45 seconds while booting the device. Note that the IP of the server it runs is 192.168.*0*.50.
Not help. The router is not pinged at the address 192.168.0.50. Although the network connection on the computer shows the d link network. Maybe there is some trick there? I want to go back to the factory d-link settings and then flash Gargoyle. If you can flash from OpenWrt to Gargoyle, then tell me how to do it, so as not to brick.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I don't know

I just copied from the wiki

if all else fails use a serial cable

Eduard

Post by Eduard »

10 days fought with D-link DAP-1350. To return him to his native firmware - it is very subtle. I did. On the native firmware, the printer can be used only through the SharePort program. D-link must be in AP mode. LAN is connected to the port of the main router. Then through the main router computers via LAN and WiFi have the ability to print to the printer through the program SharePort. There are 2 big cons.
1). DAP-1350 and the main router must be connected via LAN. If you connect the routers via WiFi - the printer is not available.
2). Printing via SharePort is a big inconvenience. It is necessary to remember and control the connection and disconnection. The printer is not available to other computers while someone else is connected to it.
After going through all this hell of flashing, tweaking, going back to the factory configuration of this micro router, I no longer have the desire to experiment with a particular model. If Gargoyle even sees a printer connected to USB, OpenWrt doesn't see anything on this particular D-link model at all. All necessary modules have been installed. Not excluded, that at me hands curves and brains a little. :-)

Request
1). If someone could connect such router to another on WiFi and normally to configure the print server with LBP2900,-write. What firmware? The setup process?
2). Advise the checked most budget option of the print server. Printer-LBP2900. Connection to the main router via WiFi. LAN is not required.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You would be better off buying a network capable printer to be honest.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

or a cheap print server