Archer C7 no WAN connection

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mhegab

Archer C7 no WAN connection

Post by mhegab »

Hello Gents,

Great project. Sadly I have a problem with the WAN port. I am a bit new here, so please excuse me if I'am not so technical.

I have ADSL coming on to ZTE H108N modem-router. I configured it so that I have WAN connection set as bridge to one of the LAN ports, and connected a straight Ethernet cable to the WAN port of my Arch C7 running Gargoyle 1.10.0, with WAN connection set to PPPoE, but no connection! The internet LED on Archer C is on, but the the status page in the GUI shows WAN disconnected, with all fields blank.

I also tried setting the ZTE H108N as router, and setting the Arch C7 wan connection as DHCP, but didn't seem to work either.

I read somewhere that connecting the cable after the router has booted already could solve it, but it didn't solve it.

Unfortunately I haven't tried the WAN port before flashing, but I have no reason to suspect it was faulty.

I have another ASUS RT-AC66U. I just flashed with with Advanced Tomato 3.5-140 and the WAN port worked with the cable coming form the ZTE H108N router-modem (in bridge mode), so this means that the PPPoE is coming to the Archer C7 properly.

Screen shorts are attached.

Thanks
Mo

ispyisail

Re: Archer C7 no WAN connection

Post by ispyisail »

can you remote host screen shots, thanks

Lantis

Re: Archer C7 no WAN connection

Post by Lantis »

It’s a known problem with that router and upstream Openwrt.
I haven’t checked whether it is solved in 1.11.x, but one user was able to solve it using my instructions in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8356&start=20#p37047

Read from that post onwards so you have the context, but might be worth a try.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.