GL-AR150 Throughput Limitations

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

The_Hawk

GL-AR150 Throughput Limitations

Post by The_Hawk »

So I picked up one of these units and flashed 1.10 onto it and installed it into my network. All the things I know and love about Gargoyle in a tiny package...

Except that I'm only managing about 30MBit download through this router on my 100MBit connection??

My ISP provided router works perfectly, 115MBit down, my Unifi USG3P also hits that but the GL-AR150 just dies.

In my testing I've re-downloaded and flashed it back to 100% stock 1.10 and done zero configuration, connected via an ethernet cable to remove wireless as an issue, and it's still sucking.

Is this little device just not capable of those speeds?

Lantis

Re: GL-AR150 Throughput Limitations

Post by Lantis »

Being a 400MHz processor, yes that sounds about in the range for what we would expect unfortunately.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

The_Hawk

Post by The_Hawk »

My old Dlink DIR-825 is limited with only 8MB of flash so had issues getting to 1.10 and being that it was getting old I upgraded that to a Unifi USG3P which is very nice, although its live reporting (and lack of monthly reporting) has been a change request for many years and the missing piece to making a real alternative to my Gargoyle router. That said it works very well.

Strangely it seems to run at *almost* full speed with OpenWRT installed where Gargoyle struggles badly. Bit of a shame this is the unit for sale by Gargoyle themselves rather than something with a little more power out of the box. Back to the USG3P I suppose or 1.9.x which seemed to work pretty well on the Dlink.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Well, Openwrt doesn’t provide most of the additional functionality that Gargoyle does, and this is the stuff slowing down the firewall.

I believe it is being sold as the pocket router because of its size and cost.
There was previously a more consumer grade router available, but not st this time.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.