Wireless Bridge/Repeater causing IP conflicts

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

dvodvo

Wireless Bridge/Repeater causing IP conflicts

Post by dvodvo »

I've got a two-router arrangement, both with TP-Link routers running Gargoyle. Aim is to use the second router both as a wifi extender (with a different SSID) and a wired 'switch'. The first router is on 192.168.1.1, and I've configured the Wireless Bridge/Repeater setup on the second router as:

Bridge IP: 192.168.1.20 (primary router range is 100-199)
AP/Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0 (same as primary)
Wan Ethernet Port: Bridge to LAN
DNS Servers: Use Gateway

Wifi: Connect via Client Bridge
SSID: My Wifi
Broadcast SSID: My Wifi (ext)
(etc...)

This setup works fine for a minute or two, but then clients connected both to the primary or secondary router start getting flooded with IP conflict messages (IP in use by another client on the network) and everything loses the connection. I have to disconnect the second router to get the primary router's clients back online.

Any ideas on this issue here? I'm not too sure on what the repeater mode is doing behind the scenes but I would assume that it's deferring the secondary router's to the primary's DHCP so not sure why the conflicts would be happening.

Thanks!

Lantis

Re: Wireless Bridge/Repeater causing IP conflicts

Post by Lantis »

Can you check the Gargoyle logs? It should tell you where the conflict is.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.