Intermittent connection

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jonheil

Intermittent connection

Post by jonheil »

I have ONE device on my network that will intermittently lose internet. It's still connected to the network, but every page fails to load. All the other devices don't have a problem, and if I reboot the router, it will work ok on the one device until usually the next day when it fails to load pages.

ispyisail

Re: Intermittent connection

Post by ispyisail »

NIC card/interface failure

Just a guess (and my experience)

Try a new NIC card .

Keep swapping stuff till you find the source of the failure

jonheil

Post by jonheil »

Sorry, but I neglected to explain that I never have a problem if I connect to a different router with that device, only when I connect to the Gargoyle do I have a problem.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Test with another Openwrt style router running Openwrt. If it also is fine, then the issue is probably Gargoyle.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jonheil

Post by jonheil »

That wouldn't be an option for me. I don't have any other router. May be a coincidence but I noticed it started happening around the time I did a Windows 7 update on the affected computer. Doesn't matter if I'm using Chrome or Explorer. Can I try something else?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

virus?

Load a Linux live cd on your PC and test?

Install OpenWRT on your router to test?

My money is there is something wrong with your PC

We have hundreds of Gargoyle routers running without this problem that I'm aware of

jonheil

Post by jonheil »

Oddly, the problem seems to have remedied itself. Works ok now. But I think you're right, the problem is most likely in the PC.

tals

Post by tals »

Out of interest what version of gargoyle and what was the device. I'm having a similar issue with some android tablets (5.1). Is their a version of gargoyle that is viewed as better for the WiFi side. Note WiFi signal shows strong on the device but it can't browse to the router, restarting the WiFi on the device resolves it for a while. At the moment I believe the issue is the devices for my issue.
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)

tals

Post by tals »

Ok mine was a red herring, the devices I was testing are sharing Mac addresses tch tch. Call raised with manufacturer.
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)