Netgear WNDR3800 LAN / WAN ports configuration problem

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

udo187

Netgear WNDR3800 LAN / WAN ports configuration problem

Post by udo187 »

Hello, first of all many thanks for the brilliant Gargoyle firmware!
I have installed Gargoyle on my Netgear WNDR3800 with no problem and now i want to use the router as AP with time scheduled WIFI. I have an cable-modem in my network.
When i connect the WNDR3800 using an LAN Port with the cable modem, i can access the router with the browser, set an fixed IP-address for the LAN port (192.168.1.10). WIFI is working, i can access the internet from mobile devices with no problem. To install the plugin for the time scheduled WIFI i have to refresh the plugin-list, but it seems the WNDR3800 himself has no access to the internet. When i connect my cable modem with the WNDR3800 using the WAN-port, i can not connect to the WNDR3800 from my local network (even no pinging on 192.168.1.10). I tried to assign a fixed IP-address to the WAN port (192.168.1.20), but i could not access the WNDR3800 from my local network. Connecting from a mobile device works, the WNDR3800 himself has internet access now, the plugin-list refreshs immediately.

So my question is, how to configure / connect (LAN or WAN port) the WNDR3800 to be able to connect to it with an browser from my local network and the router himself has internet-access (update the plugins).

Thanks for any help!
Udo

ispyisail

Re: Netgear WNDR3800 LAN / WAN ports configuration problem

Post by ispyisail »

config screen shots would be very helpfull

udo187

Re: Netgear WNDR3800 LAN / WAN ports configuration problem

Post by udo187 »

After some tests i think the problem depends on the DNS configuration of the LAN interface.
I have used the DNS servers of my internet provider, when i try to update the plugin-list
for the WNDR3800 himself nothing happens. Remember internet for the connected clients are able to connect to the internet. I tried to use Google-DNS server and the plugin-list refreshs immediately.
But why? Can someone explain this?