Cannot connect to bridge modem.

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Knomax

Cannot connect to bridge modem.

Post by Knomax »

Hello..my previous internet connection was ADSL 24mbps down and 1mpbs up.And set up was ASUS dsl ac56u-->gargoyle pppoe connection.Everything was working perfect.

I upgrade my connection to VDSL2 30mbps down and 3mbps up.
I set up my ASUS as bridge mode and try to make pppoe connection with my gargoyle.The problem is that when i set up it and put username and password and click save and apply..in the status page says...."disconnected"!!!And not connect at all.

I must say that my VDSL connection is ANNEX B not A as my previous ADSL connection...my password from ISP is etc. j56_19a....so the special character "_" is the problem???A bug in gargoyle?

My router with gargoyle is a TPLINK WR1043ND v3...maybe this router is the problem?Does not support ANNEX B?

ispyisail

Re: Cannot connect to bridge modem.

Post by ispyisail »

just after it fails from the command line can you type

Code: Select all

logread

Knomax

Post by Knomax »

I will stay with DHCP (wired) configuration to gargoyle..so in Active Congestion Control ---Use non-standard ping target is unticked and has the ip of ASUS etc 192.168.2.1.
Is it correct this or i must put an ip from ISP side to work correct the ACC?I mean the WAN Gateway IP that i see in ASUS interface?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Gateway IP or further afield.
The local address will almost never see congestion and therefore do nothing.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.