Set to Bridge mode now no wireless signal...

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

SpudMuffin

Set to Bridge mode now no wireless signal...

Post by SpudMuffin »

Had setup in gatway mode and was working fine but couldn't see my printer on another subnet. Decided to go with AP mode instead. Router is working for all wired devices but have no wifi signal even though it is lit on the front of the router...

Bridge IP: 192.168.0.2
AP/Gateway IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Wan Ethernet Port: Bridge to LAN
DNS Servers: Use Gateway

Repeater: Disabled
Operation Mode: B+G+N
Channel Width: 20Mhz
Transmit Power: Maz
SSID to Join: Computer Room
Wireless Channel:11
Encryption: WPA2 PSK
Password: ••••••••
Last edited by SpudMuffin on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lantis

Re: Set to Bridge mode now no wireless signal...

Post by Lantis »

SpudMuffin wrote: Repeater: Disabled

You're not broadcasting a wifi signal...
The wifi light is lit because the wifi is connected as a CLIENT to your upstream Access Point.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

SpudMuffin

Post by SpudMuffin »

ok.. The gargoyle AP is not connected to a wireless router. There is no other wireless signal in our home. It is connected to a wired router/modem and I want my gargoyle to take care of the wireless part while my wired router/modem hands out the DHCP addresses... When I set it to repeater enabled I still get no wifi signal...

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Wireless Bridge/Repeater mode is for WIRELESSLY connecting to an existing network and bridging to it or repeating it. You might want to start with the documentation so you understand what each mode does. https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/doku.php?id=basic

From what you have just described you want
- Gateway Mode
- Connect Via : Disabled
- Setup wireless as you see fit.

Note that this is also referred to as “dumb switch mode” because Gargoyle basically turns off all features and acts as a LAN->LAN/WIFI switching device.

If you want all of Gargoyles potential (quotas restrictions montiroring QOS) you want it in Connect Via : DHCP Wired and doing it’s own routing/NATing/firewalling.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

SpudMuffin

Post by SpudMuffin »

I would like to keep both issues on this other thread now.. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11487&p=48669#p48669

You can delete this thread if you want...