75 Mbps

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tapper

Re: 75 Mbps

Post by tapper »

If you want to use the wifi the 3200 5ghz driver can be a bit flakie. So if you want to use 5ghz wifi the 1900ac is better if you are going to use one of your old routers as a AP then the 3200ac will be fine.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

twf85

Post by twf85 »

Lets try this another way.. Think I may be going into too much extraneous detail.

Could you folks rate the performance penalty of the Bandwidth Monitor for each/any of these Linksys routers?

1) WRT3200ACM
2) WRT1900ACS
3) WRT1200ACS (probably best to say which version you're referencing for this one)

Lantis is of the mind that the WRT3200 will lose almost 0% or 0% of available bandwidth to the Bandwidth Monitor.
none. pretty sure that device will push in excess of 500mbps through NAT
I am not concerned with WiFi performance, unless what you're also saying is that the stability of the router/firmware is thrown off due to issues with the WiFi. I just installed a Ubiquiti Wireless AP, so my WiFi needs are taken care of.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Unless a user specifically tests one, we can’t give you an answer.
Historically, one user showed one test of a 1900ac pushing more than 550.
With wifi disabled the router will operate ok
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

I've got a 1900ACS easily getting full 220 Mbit on my connection with all the std packages running (and a few optional ones too)

twf85

Post by twf85 »

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I feel like this is all still relevant to the OP's original inquiry, so I hope no one minds.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a 3200ACM/1900ACS.

If I were to buy one at this very moment, the best deals available are for the 3200ACM. My only concern is that I just installed Gargoyle on another router with "WiFi issues", the ArcherC7 v1.1. It kept disconnecting hosts and exhibiting other odd behavior.

The "Basic" page loaded up with all options visible, regardless of whether they were disabled or not. That was a big problem before I lucked upon a solution, which was to simply change the Internet > WAN option for "Connect Via" from "DCHP (Wired)" to anything else, and then back again. Then everything displayed as expected. It wouldn't finish loading some pages after settings were changed (only displayed the "Please Wait" message).

You guys haven't noticed anything like that on the 3200, have you? If the WiFi is left disabled, there are no performance /stability issues like I've described above?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That’s because wifi is basically unsupportable on the C7 1.x and it ruins the interface.
Wifi is supportable on 3200 but unstable at a driver level

Completely different kettle of fish.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

NGowner

Post by NGowner »

I also have an Archer C7 v2.0 as my main router running gargoyle 1.10.0.

My main computer is wired via GE to a second Archer C7 in AC Bridge Mode.

Gargoyle is reporting a 650Mb/s link between the office bridge and the main router.

I have no problems reaching the max 100Mbs/10Mbs Spectrum Cable link via speedtests on my computer.

I even tried it with a file download. Google Chrome reported 110Mb/s download speed.

I'm not yet running into hardware limitations on my download speeds on the C7.

[NG]Owner

twf85

Post by twf85 »

NGowner wrote:I have no problems reaching the max 100Mbs/10Mbs Spectrum Cable link via speedtests on my computer.

I even tried it with a file download. Google Chrome reported 110Mb/s download speed.
Is that with the BWMonitor turned off?

tapper

Post by tapper »

WRT3200acm is fine with WIFI disabled. All options sho up as they should.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

NGowner

Post by NGowner »

twf85 wrote:
NGowner wrote:I have no problems reaching the max 100Mbs/10Mbs Spectrum Cable link via speedtests on my computer.

Is that with the BWMonitor turned off?
No. Nothing is turned off. I also do not have quotas or QOS turned on. This is a more or less a default install of Gargoyle.

[NG]Owner