TP-LINK Archer C7 V2.0 not Recieving an IP with WAN MAC Clone

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Wheelzz

TP-LINK Archer C7 V2.0 not Recieving an IP with WAN MAC Clone

Post by Wheelzz »

Hi there.

I recently purchased an Archer C7 V2.0 to replace my very old router. I flashed the latest 1.9.2 file as shown in the docs. All went well in this regard. However, the issues arise in regards to internet connectivity.

The router seems to not be assigned an IP by the Modem. I've attempted to clone the WAN MAC address of my old router and reset both my modem and Archer C7 multiple times to no avail.

Where can I go from here?
TP-LINK Archer C7 V2.0 on 1.9.X

Lantis

Re: TP-LINK Archer C7 V2.0 not Recieving an IP with WAN MAC Clone

Post by Lantis »

I believe you're experiencing a longstanding Openwrt issue.
See here for the last discussion (with no results) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8356

It appears if you reboot the router without the WAN plugged in, wait for it to fully boot, then plug it in, you should get a DHCP lease.
While this isn't an acceptable long term solution, I hope it gets you up and running.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Wheelzz

Re: TP-LINK Archer C7 V2.0 not Recieving an IP with WAN MAC Clone

Post by Wheelzz »

Lantis wrote: It appears if you reboot the router without the WAN plugged in, wait for it to fully boot, then plug it in, you should get a DHCP lease.
While this isn't an acceptable long term solution, I hope it gets you up and running.
Thank you -- I'll give this a try and report back.
TP-LINK Archer C7 V2.0 on 1.9.X