Question about data rate differences between 2 brands of AC1750 router.

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

yodabug

Question about data rate differences between 2 brands of AC1750 router.

Post by yodabug »

Hi

I have 2 R6300's in AP mode.
I have 1 TPlink Archer C7.

On my laptop I run inssider and can see each of the 3 AP's.

both R6300's say Maximun Data Rate 1300Mbits
The tplink says Maximun Datae Rate 600Mbits

Am I missing something here. I did get a warning from one of the devices that of course I ignored about higher channels performing better/faster.

I could always set the AP's to 144/157/161 or a few more but the 44Ghz channel is SO alone in my neighborhood. It seems the 144/157/161 channels are quite popular-though I personally do not like crowds.

Do I HAVE to go with a higher channel to get possibly faster speeds? It seems fine the way it is...am I getting the 1300 on the R6300's or are they lying to inssider?

Lantis

Re: Question about data rate differences between 2 brands of AC1750 router.

Post by Lantis »

Sounds like the Archer is running at 40MHz, not 80MHz. You should be able to confirm this in InSSIDer
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

yodabug

Re: Question about data rate differences between 2 brands of AC1750 router.

Post by yodabug »

Hey thanks for answering. Yes, I figured that out a few weeks ago once I did more research on the internet.

Thanks for answering you were absolutely right-I move all three AP's to the same channel (157 I think it is) and now all three AP's are running at 1300 mbs data rate.

It's pretty awesome actually, don't know why I didn't do it before since I install WAPS for business's all the time-I know that all three of my AP's are sharing the bandwidth available on that channel but since there are three of them on the same channel the neighbors "automatically" configured wifi's are staying far away from my channel 157--which means it is all mine-no more interference from neighbors pesky wifi routers.

so now I get a consistent connection and download speed (no more stream buffering) from anywhere inside my house and within 30 feet of my front and back doors--fucking perfect!!!