Can't access Bridge's GUI from repeater

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BernieBone

Can't access Bridge's GUI from repeater

Post by BernieBone »

Hi, I can ping, but cannot access the GUI of, the bridge router when connected via the wi-fi repeater, but I can access it from the AP that the bridge is connecting to.

I can even access the AP's GUI and have internet access via the bridge repeater, but I cannot connect to the GUI of the bridge itself in most cases.

The only time I can access the bridge's GUI is when it is not connected to the AP wirelessly and only when wired direct to my PC for config using manual IP settings.

The AP is configured:
Gargoyle Version:1.9.2
Model:TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1
Device Configuration: Gateway
LAN DHCP Server enabled
Router IP: 192.168.5.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Wireless Mode: Access Point
SSID: link

The Bridge is configured as:
Gargoyle Version:1.9.2
Model:TP-Link Archer C7 v2
Device Configuration:Wireless Bridge/Repeater
Relay IP Address: 192.168.5.165 (chosen by DHCP)
Bridge IP Address: 192.168.5.2
LAN Gateway IP: 192.168.5.1
LAN Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Connected via: Client Bridge
Repeater Enabled
Bridge SSID: link
Repeater SSID: net

So, if I am wirelessly connected to "net", I can get internet just fine, and I can connect to AP GUI just fine (192.168.5.1), but I can't connect to the Bridge's GUI (192.168.5.2 or 192.168.5.165).

However, if I am connected wirelessly to the AP (ssid: link), I can connect to the bridge's GUI without any problem (using the relay IP 192.168.5.165, I can't connect using 192.168.5.2).

I can connect to the Bridge's GUI directly via wired connection at 192.168.5.2 only if the bridge router is isolated from the AP (and I have my PC's IP manually set in the same IP range).

Can anyone explain why I can't connect to the Bridge's GUI when wirelessly connected to the repeater?

Thanks for your help.

Lantis

Re: Can't access Bridge's GUI from repeater

Post by Lantis »

Because your configuration is wrong.
Your bridge IP needs to be on a different subnet (as per the hint text next to the field)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BernieBone

Re: Can't access Bridge's GUI from repeater

Post by BernieBone »

Yup, works fine now. Imagine that. ;)

THANK YOU!!!