exclamation mark on my network icon!

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

wane72

exclamation mark on my network icon!

Post by wane72 »

Hi, I'm just new and I am having trouble getting internet from my router. So my router is a WR1043ND v1.0, and right now it is running this file of Gargoyle: gargoyle_1.8.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory
My PC is running Windows 10, not sure if this matters though, but the router connects to a Satellite Modem and is able to get the correct IP addresses from it, but I get a exclamation mark on my network icon.
I,m a lil techy so know the basics about networking.

My questions are:
Why is this exclamation mark on my network icon?
Can someone guide me to where or who can help me?

If this is in the wrong section of this forum, could I be directed to the correct area please? :|

Regards

Wayne

Rog66

Re: exclamation mark on my network icon!

Post by Rog66 »

that usually means no internet connection. can you browse the web from your pc? if not log in to your gargoyle router and check if it has a WAN IP address and WAN DNS servers set on the front status page after you log in. (not sure if this is what you meant by correct ip addresses).

wane72

Post by wane72 »

hi Rog66, thank you for your reply. I do have another router being a netgear R3600 which I use at the moment and it gives me internet when its connected to the modem, but when I connect my wr1043nd router to the modem it doesn't give me internet. Being that exclamation mark next to the network icon.

Now the WAN IP address is what the ISP's address is isn't it? ( the address that the router gets from the modem ). And the WAN DNS comes from the ISP too?
Yes, that is what i meant about correct address.
Now I have once before used a Static IP with both my routers with the same Isp but static does mean it doesn't change the address, right? Well something like that.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

screen shots would help a lot

wane72

Post by wane72 »

Hi ispyisail, so i have captured some screenshots, so here are the ones I thought were important...

So when I attach a photo it loads up and then I get a yellow triangle after it. How big of a file can I attach?

wane72

Post by wane72 »

a 13kb file still shows the triangle after it

wane72

Post by wane72 »

I have downloaded the 1.9 version of gargoyle is it worth a try while it is still only a experimental version?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Host the images externally and link them here

If you're going to try 1.9 then do the latest from the show and tell forum.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

wane72

Post by wane72 »

ok thanks.

wane72

Post by wane72 »

Hi, sorry to be a bother again, so the current torrent file i found "gargoyle-ispy 2017-January-24 20:11.torrent - Gargoyle Forum" is about 380 mb would that be correct? Just wanna make sure I got the correct file.