exclamation mark on my network icon!

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: exclamation mark on my network icon!

Post by ispyisail »

yes

It has all the images included

I think its about 1 gig uncompressed

wane72

Post by wane72 »

I cant get it to upgrade. I am using the "sysupgrade.bin" file (using this exact wording). All the leds on the router do all different types of flash codes and then after a little while the first 3 leds remain on constantly while the 4th one does a flicker constanltly ( not necessarily a repetive flicker it does alter slightly). The pc has a window on the screen saying "Upgading please wait" so I left it doing that for about 5mins after the first 3 leds stop flashing. So then I refreshed the gargoyle management page and logef in again to find it was still saying version1.8.
Should i try the squashfs-factory.bin file? And how do I go about that?

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Stupid question maybe but have you rebooted the modem after you swap routers? When my cable router is in modem mode and I swap routers if I don't reboot the "modem" I have no internet access. The cable network sees the change of mac address of my router and assigns a different ip address when I reboot the modem after swapping the routers. If I put the original router back without rebooting it happily gives an internet connection again. Might not be an issue with your set up but worth trying.

wane72

Post by wane72 »

Hey Rog66, so I'll give that a go and see what happens.

wane72

Post by wane72 »

Hey Rog66, I got it working... but it wasn't what you said.. I went into the Connections --> Basic. Changed the "Internet/Wan to DHCP (wired) and Released the DHCP and then Renewed it.. So it came back as the IP addresses that my ISP uses and it put a Current Lease Expire of 27.01.2017 AEST.

wane72

Post by wane72 »

so now I have the internet working.. woohoo, am I able to set IP addresses to the devices/PC's that connect to my network.
Before I flashed the router to gargoyle I was able to set a specific IP addresses to my devices Mac address.
How can I do that now?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

wane72

Post by wane72 »

arh yes, thank you ispyisail, the blocking box at the top of this section put me off.
I have now set up all my IP's now