Buffalo WZR-600DHP does not enable 5ghz radio

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

gribbly

Buffalo WZR-600DHP does not enable 5ghz radio

Post by gribbly »

I have reflashed the current rom twice, and at first the 5ghz radio seems to work but as soon as i adjust any settings it goes offline and the wifi 5ghz light on the device turns off. I read something about openwrt regulatory files being the issue but i don't understand how to fix it as the posts are all years old and about previous versions openwrt.i did try openwrt on this router and had the same results.

Lantis

Re: Buffalo WZR-600DHP does not enable 5ghz radio

Post by Lantis »

Can you please post a system log "logread" and a "dmesg" please?

Also a screenshot of your settings would be great.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8505
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

gribbly

Post by gribbly »

How can i post these? i have been trying for a while now but this site wont allow me to attach files or post urls, and the log/dmesg have lots of them.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Throw the images on an external site like imgur
Put the log messages in code brackets or put them on pastebin
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

gribbly

Post by gribbly »

pastebin dor com/SvKZh8Kj

imgur dot com/a/wqIbS

Here they are. Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You'd need to save your settings again, wait 30 seconds, then run both commands again. I'm missing information about the 5ghz interface (2.4 is there).

Can you please set your 5ghz channel to 36 and let me know if any change?

gribbly

Post by gribbly »

setting it to 36 seems to fix it. are there channels i can't use for some reason?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Channels 52-144 are DFS channels
This part of the spectrum is reserved for radar usage. Wifi can transmit in this area under certain circumstances, but must vacate the spectrum if any radar signals are detected.
Before the network can be established, (depending on country there are different rules) the router must scan for 60 seconds to check there is no radar first. If the module which checks crashes (or doesn't exist at all) it won't establish any network.
If the module exists and detects a radar signal, it will Dynamically Frequency Select (DFS) another channel to avoid it.

I suspect something went wrong or is missing.
If you want to track it down, you can change it back to 52 and show me more logs. Or, stay away from 52-144.

gribbly

Post by gribbly »

Oh, thanks for the reply and help! I know a lot about 2.4ghz but i haven't read nearly enough about 5ghz it seems! I might try playing around with it some more, but I am extremely happy just to have it working for now. Thanks again!