VOIP in 1.9.1

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

poppyfields

VOIP in 1.9.1

Post by poppyfields »

Running Gargoyle 1.9.1 on WNDR3700v4.

Setup:
Mobile Broadband -> E3372 (HiLINK) -> WNDR3700v4 -> SIP phone
Firewall routing all to SIP phone.
I have no sound in both directions. Removed nf_conntrack_sip and nf_nat_sip, but no difference. However if I replace router with Gargoyle 1.6.2 (TP-1043ND) or LEDE (HH5A) it all works like a dream. Is this a bug or am I missing something simple?

poppyfields

Re: VOIP in 1.9.1

Post by poppyfields »

Maybe this is not a Gargoyle issue. Tried 1.6.2 again and this is now not working. Back to drawing board - not sure now whether its the HiLink modem or even the Mobile Provider.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Thanks for the update

check your cables?

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

you cant always compare different firmwares on different routers - I've had router specific issues in the past although no problems with Gargoyle on a number of routers. To check if its your router or modem causing the problem put the phone temporarily in the garoglye DMZ. If the problem goes away the problem is your routers firewall. If not the problem is more likely with your modem.

If its your routers firewall is STUN enabled on your phone? If not enable it and try again.

coits

Post by coits »

Hi poppyfields,

Are you using sip softphone or hardphone? I have been using x-lite softphone before and I always have 2 way connection,I don't remember having issues using gargoyle firmware from 1.5.10 to the current release 1.9.1.

My spa2102 always solid as a rock, no issues at all. been using it for 8 years no issue.

Please let me know, may be I can help.

Regards
Gargoyle 1.9.x on Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Gargoyle 1.10.x on TP-Link Archer C7 v2.0
Gargoyle 1.11.x on WRT3200 acm

poppyfields

Post by poppyfields »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I still have not got to the bottom of this completely. It appears an intermittent issue not related to Gargoyle (phew) but more related to Mobile Broadband providers NAT. With mobile broadband in UK you do not get a public IP number, so unable to host a server easily (and all data has to traverse the providers NAT as well as my own). I think that even if you register with a SIP provider, the RTP voice protocols do not traverse the NAT easily to get to the correct source. The longer I stay connected (e.g. after 24 hours) things work all of a sudden. My rapid changing of routers/modems/sim cards to try and get it to work lead to nothing working.