Bandwidth Graphs are empty, Bandwidth Data has query failed?

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

victorhooi

Bandwidth Graphs are empty, Bandwidth Data has query failed?

Post by victorhooi »

heya,

I just installed Gargoyle 1.3.4 on my WRT54G 1.1 router.

I've setup static IP's for all our hosts in the 192.168.2.2-192.168.2.60 (dynamic IP's are in the range 192.168.2.100-192.168.2.250).

I've also setup several quota ranges for our PC's, and a token combined one for all those outside those explicit ranges (10 Mb)

However, when I go to the Bandwidth Usage page, the Bandwidth Graphs seem to be completely empty.

The Bandwidth Distribution page also seems to display a completely empty graph.

When I try to pull down the Bandwidth Data csv file, I get a CSV file with:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Bandwidth query failed, make sure rule with specified id exists, and that you are performing only one query at a time.
Is something wrong with my setup?

Cheers,
Victor

fantuzmark

Re: Bandwidth Graphs are empty, Bandwidth Data has query failed?

Post by fantuzmark »

I am having the same problem as you. The bandwidth usage graphs are showing nothing, as well as the quota usage page. I am using a DIR-825 and I was able to set up all the static IPs, restrictions, and quotas without hassle. However, without the graphs working I have no way of knowing whether any of it is actually working? Hopefully there is a fix because that's the whole reason I need gargoyle in the first place?

Another issue I encountered is that it will not save the wireless network setup I enter in the web interface. (It actually physically saves the settings and the wireless works fine, but it doesn't show them as saved.

fantuzmark

Post by fantuzmark »

I just got my graphs to work on the DIR-825 . First thing is make sure you have the adobe SVG plugin for windows explorer (if thats what your using). Secondly, what did the trick for me was to "reboot" the online interface. Note that in my case the phsical reset button on my router stopped working after I flashed the router, so I had to actually go into the online interface in the system section and click the reboot option. Hope this helps!

victorhooi

Post by victorhooi »

heya,

Nope, I still get empty graphs...

And when I try to download the bandwdith data, each line simply says:

ERROR: Bandwidth query failed, make sure rule with specified id exists, and that you are performing only one query at a time.
Did try a reflash and a reboot, still no luck.

Cheers,
Victor

mithven

Post by mithven »

I also have this problem and im using a DIR-825, as in I cant see any of the graphs and I get the same error msg as above in the csv.

I know that it is a different bug and I have done a quick search, but I can only login using Internet Explorer, when i would normally like to use either chrome or firefox, both of which give a redirect error.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I've noticed some intermittent issues with the bandwidth graphs too on the AR71XX platform. I will investigate in the near future.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday and today tracking this bug down, but I think it's fixed in the git repository now. I'll do another release very soon (this bug is primarily what was holding it up).

victorhooi

Post by victorhooi »

heya,

I've just updated to Gargoyle 1.3.8 - still appears to be an issue =(.

The downloaded bandwidth data still displays:

Any word on a fix?

Cheers,
Victor

victorhooi

Post by victorhooi »

heya,

Just thought I'd quickly report - still appears to be an issue on 1.3.9.

Cheers,
Victor

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Victor,

This morning I flashed my WRT54GL with v1.3.9 to see if I could reproduce this issue. The GL has the same RAM and FLASH size as your router and is also a broadcom router.

Well the result is that the generates .csv looks fine to me so.

Please reflash your router or reset to defaults and try. If you can get it to work please add your settings one at a time until you find the one that causes this issue. Then report your results and perhaps I can reproduce this issue.

pbix
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM