Router with best wifi performance

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

notme

Router with best wifi performance

Post by notme »

Hi

I life in a big house with lots of roomies, hence I need a router with an excellent wifi performance and Gargoyle (Quota management ;) )
At first I thought of the TP-Link WDR4300, but then I read here about the wifi problems with Gargoyle 1.5.11, so that's not an option. :(

Wich Router is stable with the latest Gargoyle and has the best wifi range?

Thanks for your advice

shovon

Re: Router with best wifi performance

Post by shovon »

I've been using D-Link DIR-615 v.E4, with Gargoyle 1.5.10. My router never hangs, neither has any WiFi issue. Range is not so good, but wifi never-ever fails on this router with Gargoyle.

esoxhntr

Post by esoxhntr »

I use a 2nd router as a wireless access point with the factory firmware. It's only job is to distribute the wireless signal (all "routing" features are disabled) and it's wired to......

The gargoyle router (TPLINK 1043ND), which handles all the usual routing functions and all the gargoyle features (Quotas, QOS) but has wireless turned off.

Had too many issues with this particular router & gargoyle playing nice with handling the wireless, and from reading some threads here there are other routers with similar (wifi) issues.

The 1043 is inexpensive and you don't need to get a fancy 2nd router either (or just reuse what you already have).

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I use a 2nd router as a wireless access point with the factory firmware. It's only job is to distribute the wireless signal (all "routing" features are disabled) and it's wired to......
That's how I do it