Connectivity issue with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Grendel99

Connectivity issue with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router. It is connected to a DLink DSL-2642B modem in bridging mode. The other day I had to turn them off and then on again as I was having a connectivity issue with one of my wireless devices and my ISP suggested that this might solve the problem. But for some strange reason, when I turned them back on again I was unable to establish an internet connection through the router. My devices could pick up the network and connect, but not able to go to any web pages. I have tested the modem and it is working fine, I can only guess that it must have something to do with the router? Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I reset the router and re-configure it? I'm at a loss to explain what has happened. PLEASE HELP!

ericwong

Re: Connectivity issue with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by ericwong »

Grendel99 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router. It is connected to a DLink DSL-2642B modem in bridging mode. The other day I had to turn them off and then on again as I was having a connectivity issue with one of my wireless devices and my ISP suggested that this might solve the problem. But for some strange reason, when I turned them back on again I was unable to establish an internet connection through the router. My devices could pick up the network and connect, but not able to go to any web pages. I have tested the modem and it is working fine, I can only guess that it must have something to do with the router? Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I reset the router and re-configure it? I'm at a loss to explain what has happened. PLEASE HELP!
Maybe the problem is related to the fact that you connect the gargoyle router to your modem in bridging mode? try using it without bridging?

Btw, it would be better if you keep to your previous thread for the same question... It helps whoever answering your questions to see the history and things you already know/tried.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Grendel99

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I had it working fine before in bridging mode, but I will give it a go anyway.

Grendel99

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi Eric,
I tried running the modem in normal mode and connecting the router, but still the same result. The router is transmitting a signal and I can connect to the network, but can't view any web pages!

Grendel99

Post by Grendel99 »

Can I reset the router and start again?

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Grendel99 wrote:Hi Eric,
I tried running the modem in normal mode and connecting the router, but still the same result. The router is transmitting a signal and I can connect to the network, but can't view any web pages!
One way would be to put in custom DNS. Most likely, your computer aren't getting the correct DNS.

Try 8.8.8.8 in the custom DNS field.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Grendel99 wrote:Can I reset the router and start again?
You can but it may or may not solve the problem you are having. Use the reset button in the web configuration page.
Eric Wong

Grendel99

Post by Grendel99 »

Thanks for the suggestion about DNS. I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know the result.

Grendel99

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi, manually entering the DNS had no effect. I might try changing the name of the network and see if this has any effect. It's driving me nuts!

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Grendel99 wrote:Hi, manually entering the DNS had no effect. I might try changing the name of the network and see if this has any effect. It's driving me nuts!
Try using custom DNS on your computer end instead of the router.

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/ ... -computer/

Also check what it says on the overview page
Does it have the WAN IP address, DNS, etc there?
If yes, it should mean your Gargoyle does have internet access, if not, there is a problem with your Gargoyle <-> modem communication.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/lib ... erview.jpg

Do you know how to use SSH?
If yes, do a ping for google.com via SSH to make sure your gargoyle router have internet access.

OpenWRT have the diagnostic interface for ping but Gargoyle doesn't seems to have it.. (I don't have a Gargoyle router right now to check because I can't build a working ROM yet...)
Eric Wong