How to re-launch menuconf

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

roblad

Re: How to re-launch menuconf

Post by roblad »

Hi,

My build takes 7 h for ramips, maybe the ar71xx is quicker, from scrach it is long proces for ramips even when make download is performed from custom-src.

Why in target in GG, there is not ramips profile, maybe some from development grup will create fully working config without *webmon* and will create proper script for patching iptables.

Regards,
Robert

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,

Build has finished succesfuly for both revisions, I will rerun it from scrach and I will se what is a result.

Realy I do not know haw it works ???

Where is a problem, that once build is complited without errors once with the same eroor crashes.

I am going to test both bin files generated.

Regards,
Robert

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

BashfulBladder wrote: BTW, I enable 6 threads in build.sh/rebuild.sh (I don't know if I'm lucky on Mac OS X) & with a Core2 quad processor, it takes about 75 minutes to build everything - cross-compiler to finished images - using ar71xx.usb.
Wow, that is quick..
But the current gargoyle build is limited to single thread due to some problems with multithread.

It normally take me like 3-4 hours to build from scratch on a relatively old dual core computer.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote:Twice, when I build elier for AA 37174 it passed through, of cource with the crash and rerun in the midel.
WRONG AA revision...

I said use r36469..
Anything else higher than this is likely to FAIL for RAMIPS due to some changes in AA.

Sorry, gargoyle forum is e-mail notification not coming through for some unknown reason.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote: Realy I do not know haw it works ???

Where is a problem, that once build is complited without errors once with the same eroor crashes.
Now you see why I said it is a pain to build?
I prefer building Openwrt than Gargoyle because of these weird behavior.
Eric Wong

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,

I found the solution, there is problem with net filter. I commented the line in build.sh and rebuild.sh

Code: Select all

#netfilter_patch_script="$top_dir/netfilter-match-modules/integrate_netfilter_modules.sh"
The build is going on without errors

AA rnum=37174

GG git 456b0b9a2cf41f3a17ebcb7fdb72ad586d4a409a

result

gargoyle_1.5.10.1-ramips-rt305x-fonera20n-squashfs-factory.bin
gargoyle_1.5.10.1-ramips-rt305x-fonera20n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
gargoyle_1.5.10.1-ramips-rt305x-omni-emb-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

there is a bug when I try to upgrade the GG httpd server crashing

for build as GG git commit 62b7660a3acbecb723842382676e57b8453064f6

AA rnum=36469

upgrade works correctly

I do not know why there is a problem with bandwidth graph display, but as I reviewed a code bandwidth.sh and I guest that the plugin from internet must be downloaded for displaying that, maybe I am wrong, I will investigate. Another problem is with status page model displaying, I have changed overview.sh where model is displayed:

if [ -e /tmp/sysinfo/model ]; then
                echo "var model=\""$(cat /tmp/sysinfo/model)"\";"
        else                                 
                #echo "var model=\"brak danych\";"
echo "var model=\""$(awk -F: '/machine/ {print $2}' /proc/cpuinfo)"\";" 

fi                                               

There is not a sysinfo directory - it is probably only for other platforms not for ramips:

rw-r--r--    1 root     root             6 Dec 31 12:00 TZ
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           188 Dec 31 12:00 cached_basic_vars
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Dec 31 12:00 dhcp.leases
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            30 Dec 31 12:00 drives_found.txt
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            40 Dec 31 12:00 dropbear
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            80 Dec 31 12:00 etc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            85 Dec 31 12:00 fstab
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            40 Dec 31 12:00 hosts
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            60 Dec 31 12:00 lock
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            80 Dec 31  1969 log
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            40 Dec 31 12:00 nfs
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            40 Dec 31 12:01 opkg-lists
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            32 Dec 31 12:00 resolv.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Dec 31  1969 resolv.conf.auto
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root           120 Dec 31 12:01 root
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root           300 Dec 31 12:00 run
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root            60 Dec 31 12:00 spool
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            60 Dec 31 12:00 state
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Dec 31 12:00 tmp_exports
root@Gargoyle:/tmp# 
I do not know why some gargoyle-plugins, are not being included to build in main menu (hddidle, cron,minidlna - it is not schown in make menuconfig even), I hed to change uci manualy, hddidle was not added at all (I scp that to router), cron has been added but permision of sh scripts was wrong.

Other things sems to work properly.

Regarding to netfilter there is probably not needed for ramips, there is a question to developers.

Regards,
Robert

:D
Nazwa urządzenia:Gargoyle
Wersja Gargoyle:1.5.10.1 RL (Built 20130809-1636 git@456b0b9)
Model:brak danych
Konfiguracja urządzenia:Brama sieciowa
Zajętość pamięci RAM:13.5MB / 29.1MB (46.5%)
Połączenia:300/4096
Średnie obciążenie CPU:0.64 / 0.48 / 0.20 (1/5/15 min.)
Czas pracy:0 dni 0 godz. 3 min.
Bieżąca data i czas:12/31/00 12:02 UTC-12
Adres IP WAN:-
Maska podsieci WAN:-
Adres MAC WAN:00:0C:43:30:xx:xx:xx
Adres bramy WAN:-
Serwer(y) DNS WAN:-
Adres IP LAN:192.168.1.1
Maska podsieci LAN:255.255.255.0
Adres MAC LAN:00:0C:43:30::xx:xx:xx
Tryb pracy Wi-Fi:Wyłączony
QoS (wysyłanie):Wyłączone
QoS (pobieranie):Wyłączone

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote: I found the solution, there is problem with net filter. I commented the line in build.sh and rebuild.sh

#netfilter_patch_script="$top_dir/netfilter-match-modules/integrate_netfilter_modules.sh"
You can't take out netfilter... that is equivalent to not using Gargoyle.

If you look at http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... =netfilter
netfilter-match-modules/ This directory contains Gargoyle specific extensions to netfilter. These are used in Gargoyle to implement bandwidth monitoring,quotas,time range matching and web url matching. This code is separate from the package directory because they need to be applied as kernel patches before the kernel is built. Because Gargoyle/OpenWrt supports multiple kernels, the necessary patch files are computed from source files at build time. This makes it a lot easier to make changes to the netfilter modules since a new patch doesn't have to be pieced together by hand every time a change is made.
Eric Wong

roblad

Post by roblad »

ericwong wrote:
roblad wrote: I found the solution, there is problem with net filter. I commented the line in build.sh and rebuild.sh

You can't take out netfilter... that is equivalent to not using Gargoyle.

If you look at http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... =netfilter
netfilter-match-modules/ This directory contains Gargoyle specific extensions to netfilter. These are used in Gargoyle to implement bandwidth monitoring,quotas,time range matching and web url matching. This code is separate from the package directory because they need to be applied as kernel patches before the kernel is built. Because Gargoyle/OpenWrt supports multiple kernels, the necessary patch files are computed from source files at build time. This makes it a lot easier to make changes to the netfilter modules since a new patch doesn't have to be pieced together by hand every time a change is made.

Hi,
It means that in this patch there is some error for ramips platform - I do not know where some correction is required. After switching it off full of build has finished. I think that someone of developers team should look into this. Maybe there is higher version of netfilter required ? Today I will test everything with the internet connection and I will see if it is really required - bwmon (looks nice, but causes a problem during build). Bwmon does not work, ok but other plugins working properly. Where could be a problem with this patch ? How could I compile the compilation with netfilter patch ( in version suggested by Eric, there was the same problem it does not go through - the error is the same). Even once the compilation after trick taht was suggested by Eric has gone through, but the bwmon did not work.

Regards,
Robert
Last edited by roblad on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote: It means that in this patch there is some error for ramips platform - I do not know were some correction is required.
Maybe not... I know the GG and AA revision I mentioned does build correctly and I am using the Gargoyle ROM on my router every day ;)

Just use the GG revision and AA I mentioned to see if you can build it first.
Eric Wong

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,

I build, but without netfilter, with netfilter the error was the same.
??? )-: zzzzzz.

Do you have bwmon working ?

I will do distclean for GG for that revision, and will try again with netfilter unhashed.

Regards,
Robert