QoS UL/DL rules

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

newtogarg

QoS UL/DL rules

Post by newtogarg »

Hi guys,

In the Upload QoS settings can we only have Source IP's and Destination Ports?

And in the Download QoS settings can we only have Destination IP's and Source Ports?

pbix
Developer

Re: QoS UL/DL rules

Post by pbix »

All the features lists work. You may use any combination shown.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

newtogarg

Post by newtogarg »

Ok Cool thanks Pbix.

However, I do have a dumb question. How do I revert all QoS settings back to default? (because pressing the RESET button on the bottom of the page doesnt do it, however I realised that button is only to reset the values you've changed on the page to what it was that is already saved). Or better yet, where can I find the default QoS values for both UL and DL?.

tals

Post by tals »

If you're just looking to best way to set it up. The way I have mine is to split device to family member. So each of my family then becomes a class in qos by there name. I then give each 20 percent of the line. This means that they can all stream and game very painlessly and then if I want to see say how much my daughter has streamed during the day (when she should be revising :) I can use her download class to do this

My line goes between 6mb down and 2.5mb down and even at this low speed everyone is happy gaming or streaming. I have no min bandwidth or max band setup as the % gives everyone suffiicient. The acc is essential for keeping the down in control.

Of course how you break it down is down to what you are doing and why I love gargoyles as is it really is straight forward in this respect.

Not sure re resetting back to the default rules, personally I didn't like them but can understand on a blank setup why they were used.
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)

tals

Post by tals »

Pbix also wrote this excellent guide on gargoyle's qos

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/doku.php?id=qos

*edit pbix it could be worth having a default option in qos to fit in with the guide if people have experimented and then just want to have your first paragraph fulfill there needs
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)

newtogarg

Post by newtogarg »

Hi tals, I already have QoS setup exactly how you have described yours. I read through that QoS document you linked and thought individual classes would work and did it that way. However I do like to set max bandwidth limits hehehe.

But yeah, a reset to defaults button would be nice.