Suggestion: Move WAN and WiFi settings to different pages

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

Lrdx

Suggestion: Move WAN and WiFi settings to different pages

Post by Lrdx »

Hello!

Is it possible to split the Connection/Basic option to two pages: one where I can set up WAN/LAN, and another I can set up WiFi?

I have an ADSL line, and whenever I change WiFi settings (usually to turn it on/off), and click the 'apply' button, the router stops the current PPPoE connection and reconnects. This is quite annoying, if you have a bad quality line (like me..) and setting up a connection is quite slow. I think it would be a good fix to this issue to create a Connection/wireless tab, and move WiFi settings there. Alternatively, don't re-apply the settings that do no change, but I suppose it is a bit harder.

Thank you in advance.

raiko

Re: Suggestion: Move WAN and WiFi settings to different page

Post by raiko »

May be this can be a solution for you? I haven't tried it personally.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=26871
Last edited by raiko on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bplotkin

Re: Suggestion: Move WAN and WiFi settings to different page

Post by bplotkin »

from my programming experience I think it shouldn't be hard to check if the field changed from what it already was (if it's in a database for example) and so if there is no change don't apply those settings and don't require those services to restart (or whole router to restart) maybe they can have a look into this as I not familiar with how this firmware is programmed.... hope they do as it can be much better with less downtime when applying settings.
Linksys WRT54GL = Gargoyle 1.4.2
TP-Link TL-WR741ND = Gargoyle 1.4.2
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH = Gargoyle 1.4.2
http://eduboris.blogspot.com/search/label/Gargoyle