X-fta dongle does not reset

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

DoesItMatter

Re: X-fta dongle does not reset

Post by DoesItMatter »

http://www.abadss.com/forum/306-viewsat-ultra-help/

Check that forum for X-FTA help

They may know more.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Magnolia00

Post by Magnolia00 »

For those having issues...are you able to at least ping the device on IP 192.168.1.1?

Cactus

Post by Cactus »

IT WORKS!!!! Thanks to Wert22, and following the simple steps he outlined, I was able to Reset the X-FTA router to Factory Default Settings.....Thanks Wert22.........................
Original Posting by wert22
by wert22 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 am

This is what you have to do to reset the router.

1 Hold the reset button for 40s then wait for 2mins.
2 After 2mins unplug the router then plug it back in.
3 Wait 3mins then connect the cat five cable to a lan port to you pc type 192.168.1.1 and you should be in.
wert22

Little Wind

Post by Little Wind »

wert22 wrote:This is what you have to do to reset the router.

1 hold the reset button for 40s then wait for 2mins.
2 After 2mins unplug the router then plug it back in.
3 Wait 3mins then connect the cat five cable to a lan port to you pc type 192.168.1.1 and you should be in. :D
Works Great! Thank you sooooo much! :mrgreen:

admin1

Post by admin1 »

i do what wert says and when i do the last step plug into the lan and the pc i get disconnected from the internet every single time :|

Robbie Doo

Post by Robbie Doo »

I have been struggling for two days trying to reset this box. I've done all the suggestions here without any luck. Are there any instructions on how to reset the box using the trx file? Everytime I try to do it I get a "Time Out". Any help?

Never mind guys, I was able to reset finally.

katje2

Post by katje2 »

Hi my friends. I screwed up my router when I was jtagging it. I didnt take a backup and I think to repair it I need a working dump. If any one have this full firmware please let me know. Thanks

dgtal

Post by dgtal »

My first post. It may be helpful but try this: plug power to the Gargoyle and stick a pencil in the reset hole and hold it against a wall or flat surface OVERNITE. Next day unplug it wait 3 minutes or more. Plug it back, wait 3 minutes or more and you will have a FACTORY RESETed unit. Be careful after you finish the XFTA setup process. While watching TV you may be experincing a lot of freezing. Make sure to be able to see "Gargoyle" in your windows network center or internet connection (Bottom Right) or in your cell phone wireless scan. If you don't see it then the video will freeze too much. Trying an easy repair other than RESET it again. Will post again. Good Luck

dgtal

Post by dgtal »

ok, set the Gargoyle connection to "repeater enable" and SSID to broadcast "Gargoyle"

lkush

Post by lkush »

I see it is old thread but still actual. I had good working FTA dongle, wired and tried to make WI-FI. I am in trouble since dongle doesn’t respond to LAN, but not DEAD for unbricking.
It is understood how to reboot gongle. I’ve gotten to see the Gorgoyle login page. It came up in under address login block: “with XXXX(network name)”. I wrote and the next came up:
“Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-N66U.
To access the settings of RT-N66U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number”.
After reboot main router, well, started again with many ways to reboot dongle and again came to Gorgoyle page. In login address I gave presumable password: “password”.
And it didn’t work again and brought the same message as above.
So who may recommend what the password it should be?
I’d greatly appreciate any comments.
Thanks