QOS just for p2p downloads/streaming?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

pbix
Developer

Re: QOS just for p2p downloads/streaming?

Post by pbix »

No you cannot change the range and could you post a screen shot of a 'stuck' controller. I have never seen a stuck acc.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

tals

Post by tals »

You probably have the same problem as I have, I suspect for uk adsl 2 it's quite common

On the qos download screen if you look at Link limit if that is 1/5 or 20% of what you set max total then it's down as low as it can go. I've then been bringing the max down by 500 and letting it retune as it appears to return to max download then works down. I've been running speedtester.net when it looks slow to clarify current speed but you need to uncheck qos when doing this and get everyone off.

When it goes down I'm not sure how long it takes to start going up again?
Netgear wndr3700 v2 Gargoyle 1.8.0
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 1.10.X (Built 20180122-0707)

luniq

Post by luniq »

By stuck i mean the fluctuates at a point, the speed doesnt really change over time. Disabling then enable the ACC back again fix this.

I just thought of a way to increase the minimum download speed, simply increase download speed in qos to 5 times the minimum speed you want. There shouldnt be any problem right? Since ACC control the download speed, i dont see any problem setting your download speed as high as you want. If your isp feeling generous you might get some speed up and able to utilize it, although thats not likely to happen...

tals

Post by tals »

I'm not sure what you're trying todo. Acc's aim is to keep the congestion on the line down which affects game latency and VoIP communication. If the network wants to share the line proportionally with just downloads and web traffic set the fixed qos with the appropriate shares, if no one is bothered with what share each gets don't set the qos at all as you loose a proportion of your download in qos to keep the quality working.

If you are using acc then you should set the value to your actual download speed on a quiet network - speed tester.net is a good way to find this.

tals

Post by tals »

On a separate note, following pbix's assistance on acc handling on my network I raised a support call with my ISP - today it was confirmed I do indeed have too much contention on our exchange and will hopefully be resolved in next few weeks. Would never have realised this without acc!