wr1043nd 1.3.16 dynamic dns

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

simpat1zq

wr1043nd 1.3.16 dynamic dns

Post by simpat1zq »

I'm on firmware 1.3.16, and I'm having an issue with dynamic DNS. Anytime I try to save the settings on that screen, it just sits there at "Please Wait While Settings Are Applied ". I've waited about 10 minutes, and it just doesn't do anything. So I refresh the page, and go away from the page and come back, and the changes took effect.

However, the "Last Update" just stays at "Never". So I try to "Force Update", and it does the same thing with the "Please Wait While Settings Are Applied" popup.

Is there a fix for this? I can't update the firmware, because the newer firmwares just kill my Wifi. I tried looking at logreader, and there's nothing there about the saving up of the policy or the force update that I tried.

I'm using ZoneEdit for the ddns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

simpat1zq

Re: wr1043nd 1.3.16 dynamic dns

Post by simpat1zq »

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try here? I'm thinking that going back to plain OpenWRT is going to be my best bet here.

nickba

Post by nickba »

I am having a problem with Dynamic DNS since 1.3.16, take a look at my post:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=1822

But I can configure it and it works for about 9 days. After that I have to reboot the router.

Try to reset all your settings and reboot your router. After that, try again. Remember that it will stop working about 9 days after that and you will have to reboot.

mix

Post by mix »

I believe you need to upgrade to a newer firmware than 1.3.16 to fix this problem. Try 1.4.3.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

simpat1zq

Post by simpat1zq »

Unfortunately, I can't go to any higher firmware. They create major issues with Wifi for me. This is the newest version that works for me. I'm thinking that my best option will be to just go back to OpenWrt.