Version 1.3.15

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.3.15

Post by Eric »

This release is a release-candidate for 1.4.0. If no significant errors are reported with this release, I will release 1.4.0 within the week.

Also, if anyone experiences odd display issues with the new site design, in particular with the forum, try reloading your cache (hit F5 in firefox, ctrl-F5 in chrome). Several people have reported issues with incorrect display due to these caching issues.

New in 1.3.15:
  • Fixes connected host display
  • Some fixes for QoS display (upload display should now work)
  • Some fixes for connection display
  • Fixes issues with TP-Link 741ND introduced in 1.3.14 (due to a bug in underlying OpenWrt code)

Lrdx

Re: Version 1.3.15

Post by Lrdx »

Quickly checking this version, it still has the MTU bug I reported at http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=1419. (Is that even the right place to report bugs?)

Anyway, yay for working QoS display! It bugged me ever since I switched from DD-WRT, but Gargoyle is now even more awesome, keep it up.

anray

Post by anray »

pppoe reconnect is not working in 1.3.14-1.3.15
I'm downgraded my wr741nd to version 1.3.13 and reconnect is works fine. All settings is default, only login, password, "pppoe connect" is changed.

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Just spent an hour with my RSPro trying to get a Wireless Static IP (for the WAN) to connect to my AP (which is also Gargoyle v1.3.14).

This worked fine before. I tried restoring the previous configuration that worked, and not restoring the prev. config. I tried to reset the router and then realized the reset button is not mapped. Duh...

Went back to 1.3.14 and it works fine again.

Config:
Gateway
Static IP (Wireless)
Client+AP
N+G+B
40Mhz
Max
WPA2-PSK on both WAN and LAN networks

Basically, it never connected via the client to the other AP.

Thanks for the new build, Eric. Any testing you need me to do, let me know.
Last edited by Trailblazer on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

On a WNDR3700v1...

I seem to be having brief connection dropouts; actual modem connection hasn't dropped (i've also reduced my ADSL connection profile just in case so I can be sure it's not dropping) so it's an issue in Gargoyle somewhere. Problem occurs on both wired and wireless connections and persists for several seconds (I've seen it last as long as a minute) before connectivity is restored. Sometimes all connectivity is lost, other times just certain things stop working...

EDIT: It's not QoS...just had the same problem with it disabled...will look into it and see if I can isolate the cause...

Also not related to PPPoE...moved that part of my connection into my modem and set up connecting via DHCP in Gargoyle. Hasn't helped.

Tried reflashing from the factory version of the gargoyle image via TFTP...hasn't helped.

Anyone else seeing this issue with the WNDR3700v1?

There's also an issue with the ath9k wireless driver throwing the following error when restarting wifi from ssh "command failed: No such device (-19)" where I've upped the wireless power to 23dBm (or anything above 20). This error doesn't occur in OpenWRT build r27139...I think that there were several fixes to the ath9k driver that went into OpenWRT trunk lately, perhaps we could get some of them into Gargoyle? That said, the wireless seems to start up fine whether or not it throws the error, so it's not that major...perhaps ignore for the new stable, but in the next bleeding edge version might be a goodie...

I also notice the new LuCI is able to check the supported wireless power levels and provide appropriate options for the hardware rather than just having a fixed limit at 20dBm. That'd be nice to see at some point in future too for those of us who have routers with higher power output...
Last edited by caeci11ius on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

MiG25

Post by MiG25 »

Still i'm not able to connect with my USB dongle TL-WN821N to my router TL-WR1043ND in N-mode on this and latest soft. Go back 1.3.12 ,the last where it works.

doritos

Post by doritos »

Eric wrote:This release is a release-candidate for 1.4.0.
Eric,

In which OpenWrt revision is this released based on? It would be great if this information could be displayed together with the every release note.

Thanks for your great work.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Doritos: Gargoyle 1.3.15 is based on OpenWrt revision 27148 of the backfire branch

If you want to see what the version is, open up the full-build.sh script, and look at the line that starts "rnum=" , currently line 35 in full-build.sh. If you want to change the openwrt version, just change that line. Then run make (and if you've run make before run it with the FULL_BUILD=true flag so that the newer OpenWrt revision gets built).

bplotkin

Post by bplotkin »

Seems to be working well for over a day now on WRT54GL.
Thanks for the great work Eric and PBIX and all the contributors :)
Linksys WRT54GL = Gargoyle 1.4.2
TP-Link TL-WR741ND = Gargoyle 1.4.2
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH = Gargoyle 1.4.2
http://eduboris.blogspot.com/search/label/Gargoyle

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

Just went back to 1.3.13...have been having troubles with packet loss on 1.3.15 (48% packet loss pinging google.com)...instantly troubles are gone, between 0 and 1% packet loss after reverting. Had troubles with 1.3.14 too (though I can't say if it was better, worse or the same, or even the same problem exactly as I only just realized that I was losing so many packets...symptoms were similar though...websites refusing to completely load etc), which is why I've gone back two versions. Dunno what's changed, but it's causing havok on my WNDR3700v1....