Ability to save different connection methods

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

rockyd

Ability to save different connection methods

Post by rockyd »

Wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to save different connection methods, so they can be switched between when required.
Example, if you use pppoe wired as your normal connection, then it goes down and you switch to tethered mobile, when you switch back to pppoe you have to configure it again, I think it's the same if you switch to wireless dhcp it needs to be configured each time.

rockyd

Re: Ability to save different connection methods

Post by rockyd »

If I was to "hack" my own method of saving various configs, which files would I need to worry about, so far I believe I would need to create backups of network and wireless, from the /etc/config folder.

pythonic

Post by pythonic »

You can figure this out yourself using the config Backup function (in System -> Backup / Restore) - the backup output is an archive of all the core config files so you can compare each file for changes across the exported backups.

If you don't change frequently, you may find it sufficient just to backup each config and restore the appropriate backup when required.

rockyd

Post by rockyd »

pythonic wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:51 am
You can figure this out yourself using the config Backup function (in System -> Backup / Restore) - the backup output is an archive of all the core config files so you can compare each file for changes across the exported backups.
Good idea
pythonic wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:51 am
If you don't change frequently, you may find it sufficient just to backup each config and restore the appropriate backup when required.
Maybe a little overkill, but also a good idea.