Serious BUG: TL-WR841ND v3 LAN + WAN eth ports stop working

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

HelderMF

Serious BUG: TL-WR841ND v3 LAN + WAN eth ports stop working

Post by HelderMF »

Hello,

I already starded a thread here:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=8&t=1192
but now I see that probably it is more a bug than a hardware/compatibility related problem.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Helder

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Serious BUG: TL-WR841ND v3 LAN + WAN eth ports stop working

Post by Eric »

Something somewhat similar was reported with TL-WR941ND, and that problem is associated with a really strange switch configuration that is required for that router. I suspect you're running into the same problem, but with a different router model.

I just ordered a WR941ND and when I get it I'll see if I can solidify support for it (which will hopefully make your router work properly as well).

HelderMF

Post by HelderMF »

Eric wrote:Something somewhat similar was reported with TL-WR941ND, and that problem is associated with a really strange switch configuration that is required for that router. I suspect you're running into the same problem, but with a different router model.

I just ordered a WR941ND and when I get it I'll see if I can solidify support for it (which will hopefully make your router work properly as well).
Thank you very much :) Good luck solving this problem!

If I have time, I'll try to take a look at the source code from gargoyle and openwrt and try to figure out the differences in the way they apply the basic network configurations.

It seems that the problem is related to setting up basic network configs from gargoyle interface, even when anything is changed, the script that is applying the settings is doing it wrong to this router model, messing with its configuration.

Regards,

Helder

hellbound1988

Post by hellbound1988 »

thanks eric for the hardwork. Any solutions or workaround ?

HelderMF

Post by HelderMF »

Solved by Gargoyle 1.3.13 :)

Regards,

Helder

BrendanWilding

Post by BrendanWilding »

I know this is a bit off topic but would the Gargoyle firmware flash for WR841NDv5 also work for the V7? Listed here: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download ... pgrade.bin

I currently have OpenWRT (r25042) working on my V7 - what version of OpenWRT was used to build the gargoyle images?

Thanks,
Brendan