Linksys WRT1900ACS Version 2

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

alexxxp

Linksys WRT1900ACS Version 2

Post by alexxxp »

Hi all,
I tried searching for this but found a thread from a year ago saying this may get support soon but no actual confirmation that it's all good to go.

I have the V2 branded version of Linksys WRT1900ACS and was wondering whether it's safe to try the gargoyle install? My primary purpose for this unit is to monitor bandwidth by all the different devices (we're losing gigs of data randomly on days not knowing what device is causing it). It still runs the default linksys firmware.

Any assistance with this would be immensely appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex

Lantis

Re: Linksys WRT1900ACS Version 2

Post by Lantis »

Yes supported in latest versions.
Use the "Shelby" firmware.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

alexxxp

Post by alexxxp »

Lantis wrote:Yes supported in latest versions.
Use the "Shelby" firmware.

Thanks heaps, Lantis. Will give it a go tonight :)

alexxxp

Post by alexxxp »

Sorry to ask, is that the Marvel Armada XP370 1.9 experimental firmware?

I can't see any reference to Shelby on the download selection page. I'm currently looking on my phone though, so could be that.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes in that Armada submenu. There's about a dozen firmwares listed on that page.
You want the ones with "Shelby" in the name
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ruriruri

Post by ruriruri »

alexxxp wrote:Sorry to ask, is that the Marvel Armada XP370 1.9 experimental firmware?

I can't see any reference to Shelby on the download selection page. I'm currently looking on my phone though, so could be that.
Please let me know how you are going with gargoyle on WRT1900ACSv2. I got unstable wifi and random reboots. CPU running at 80C all the time.

tapper

Post by tapper »

ruriruri wrote:
alexxxp wrote:Sorry to ask, is that the Marvel Armada XP370 1.9 experimental firmware?

Please let me know how you are going with gargoyle on WRT1900ACSv2. I got unstable wifi and random reboots. CPU running at 80C all the time.
Hi my v2 runs hot to! Try and run with as simple a setup as you can every QOS or quoter you use will make the CPU work that bit harder so more heat. About the WI-FI there is a new driver that is much better but it's not in Gargoyle yet. Some people don't have any WI-FI crashes or slow downs but I think it depends on what devices you have. Try and stick to using chan 36 for 5 GHZ. If after you have played with your settings you still can not get it to stay stable then give LEDE a try that has the latest kernel and WI-FI driver for the WRT routers. LEDE will not do all the things that Gargoyle will do so it all depends on how you use your router. EG Gargoyle is much better as a gateway in a family home.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260