[solved] Build rom for DIR-600 (RT305x)

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Jumlu

[solved] Build rom for DIR-600 (RT305x)

Post by Jumlu »

Hey there,

I'd like to run Gargoyle on the aforementioned router, since it is the only firmware supporting bandwidth quota.

I read the documentation of building gargoyle, but I have no idea how to include the dir-600 target?

OpenWRT.org provides a firmware for the dir-600 b2 - could I also flash this firmware and install gargoyle via packages?

What would be the best way to go?

I think, there are a lot of people out there who would love to run gargoyle on a RaLink device.

Thanks in advance,
Jumlu
Last edited by Jumlu on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jumlu

Re: Compile from trunk for DIR-600 B2

Post by Jumlu »

Alright, I managed to build a rom for the dir-600 b2 by using the "make custom" command and selecting the right target and adding the gargoyle webinterface, but the router won't accept it. Even by flashing it through the "emergency room", the router just restarts.

Is there a easy way to save the build logs while using "make custom" ?

I tried the following, but it won't work.

Code: Select all

make custom > log.txt 2>&1
Cheers.

Jumlu

Re: Build rom for DIR-600 (RT530x)

Post by Jumlu »

I was able to build a ROM which my router acepts, but after flashing and trying to access the interface, the following error is displayed.
haserl CGI Error
The fallback language was not set for gargoyle.global.fallback_lang
The question how to save the log is still not answered.

Jumlu

Re: Build rom for DIR-600 (RT530x)

Post by Jumlu »

Gargoyle is now running on my D-Link DIR-600 B2.

I built with the following command.
make custom TRANSLATION=localize FALLBACK_LANG=English-EN ACTIVE_LANG=English-EN
Afterwards, I had to upload the english translations file (English-EN/strings.js) and upload the firstboot.js file.

Now Gargoyle is running and BW Quotas are working.

BUT: The WiFi does not work. If I run the "wifi detect" command, nothing shows up. Does somebody know how to activate the wifi / install the driver or whatever needs to be done?

EDIT: After comparing the installed packages of gargoyle and openwrt w/ luci, I recognized that a couple of packages are missing. Reviewing the used config file showed that the packages were not included. I might try another build with a modified config.

Jumlu

Re: Build rom for DIR-600 (RT305x)

Post by Jumlu »

Finally, gargoyle is running on my DIR-600 B2. I haven't done a lot of testing until now, but it seems as everything is working decently.

I tried to attach the ROM, but I keep getting the error "413 Requested Entry is too large". If someone is interested in the ROM, PN me.

dwatashi

Re: [solved] Build rom for DIR-600 (RT305x)

Post by dwatashi »

Hi,

Do you know if it works with 16MB router?