Gargoyle-ispy 2013-February-09.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

tievolu

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2013-February-09.7z

Post by tievolu »

Slacker wrote:Yeah, I just assumed your unit wasn't Atheros because you weren't able to create the file.
I have a 1.7... Perhaps there's a different driver used?
Take a look in /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0
I have the ath9k directory there, and disable_ani is present.
The furthest I can get down that tree is /sys/kernel. There's no debug directory in there:

Code: Select all

root@bridge:/sys/kernel# ls -l
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Feb 22 15:13 fscaps
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Feb 22 15:13 mm
-r--r--r--    1 root     root            36 Feb 22 15:13 notes
drwxr-xr-x   71 root     root             0 Feb 22 13:50 slab
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Feb 22 15:13 uevent_helper
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Feb 22 15:13 uevent_seqnum
Slacker wrote: Note that I don't operate at N speeds, so, have you tried putting the routers at B/G?
No, I haven't tried that. Worth a go I suppose. I think I'm going to revert to stock and try that too (I flashed gargoyle without even trying stock).

Slacker

Post by Slacker »

I remember reading about wireless N trouble and gargoyle a while back and have no N devices anyways... The advice I've read has been to stay at 1.5.6 until wireless stuff gets resolved in openwrt, so I'm there now.

I'm hoping things stabilize by the time gargoyle 1.5.10(?) is out, as far as openwrt is concerned. On the gargoyle side, things are working great on my end.

yellowshed

Post by yellowshed »

Seen this on another forum (the openwrt bugtracker) and I've tried it. seems to be working for me (see last post):

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11862
Please do following for working corrections:
SSH to your Router with "Putty" or something like that....then type in
uci set wireless.radio0.noscan=1
uci commit
reboot
This is working for me on WR1043ND and WDR4300 (different Atheros Chipsets)
I also did not have the debug directory suggested earlier for disable-ani.

This seems to have fixed the message in the log.

YellowShed

tievolu

Post by tievolu »

Setting noscan=1 hasn't made any difference to the wireless throughput or the stability. I've satisfied that I've tried all the options to get my two 1043NDs working together without any success, so I'm going to return them for a refund (thankyou UK distance selling regulations :) ).

I'm going to buy two Asus RT-N16's instead and install Shibby's Tomato on them. A bit more money for the hardware, but well worth it to get back to Tomato's rock solid stability and performance. I want to set up the units and then completely forget about them. That simply isn't possible with Gargoyle on the v1.10 1043ND at the moment - they were needing attention of some form or another at least once a day.