How do I restore my dlink 825 firmware?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

kfcheong

How do I restore my dlink 825 firmware?

Post by kfcheong »

Gargoyle is not stable for my dlink 825. Whenever I have QOS switched on, the router sort of crashed and I have become very frustrated with it. I truly regretted my decision to switch to gargoyle.

I have tried my best to search through the forums for a way to restore my router's original firmware to no avail. Where can I find the firmware? Are there step by step instructions to guide me how to get back to my old firmware? I've tried the 30-30-30 method. But I can't seem to upload the dlink software.

It's a scam... There are instructions how to install gargoyle. There's no instruction on how to revert back to the stock firmware....

Can someone please help~~~~~ I promise never to install and tinker with my router ever again~~

mix

Re: How do I restore my dlink 825 firmware?

Post by mix »

A scam you say? I've got a question for you, how does a computer "sort of crash?"
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

I have no idea how to restore your factory firmware.

But I would be willing to help you resolve your problems with Gargoyle QoS if you can post some screen shots or other description of what problem you are having.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

kelvinl8

Post by kelvinl8 »

I have never done this before, but try downloading the original firmware from dlink and follow the instructions below.
http://fetzig.org/2009/12/24/openwrt-on ... k-dir-825/