Problem with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Grendel99

Problem with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I was having trouble connecting to the internet through my TL-WR1043ND, the signal kept on dropping out very often (more than usual). I had a look in the management console and couldn't see anything different in the settings, so I decided to try updating the firmware to 1.5.4. The update seemed to be going well but the router became unresponsive and now I am unable to access the management screen. Have I "bricked" it? Is there any way I might be able to rescue it? I would appreciate any ideas. I'm not a tech savvy as many of the people who contribute to this site, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

mix

Re: Problem with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by mix »

Power up your router. When the 'SYS' light starts to blink, press and hold the QSS button in the front-right until the blinking gets faster.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe

Once you telnet in, run the command firstboot.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

Grendel99

Re: Problem with TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I turn the router on the only light that stays on is the power light, the sys light does not stay on! Does this mean it is finished, or can I still try the procedure you recommended?