Qos Setup

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

madwlabby

Qos Setup

Post by madwlabby »

Hi!
How shold i set my router QoS if I have a nominal 80/25 Mbit/s and guarantee 8/4 Mbit/s bandwidth internet. There is 3 computer behind my router, One use cable connection. One use Wireless G, One use Wireless N,
thx, wlabby

pbix
Developer

Re: Qos Setup

Post by pbix »

Gargoyle QoS active congestion controller has a dynamic range of 5:1 so on the download page you should set your speed at 8Mbpsx5 = 40Mbps. Then Gargoyle will track your ISP speed from 8Mbps <-> 40Mbps and your download QoS will always work. Starting in the next release (v1.5.7 or higher) the range is increased to 6:1 so when that becomes available you can set it to 48Mbps on the download side.

On the upload side there is no congestion controller so you must use your minimum setting of 4Mbps if you want your QoS to work correctly on the upload side.

The type of rules you must write will depend on what applications you are using and what you want to accomplish.

It does not matter if your computers are using different means to connect on the LAN side. Your QoS design does not change because of this.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM