trouble to connecting to wdr3600 router

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

sarash

trouble to connecting to wdr3600 router

Post by sarash »

Hello
I have a wdr3600 router, I wanted to install a new package on the router,so I load it graphically via the web page of address 192.168.1.1, but loading the new package took a lot of time and I turned the router off, and after that when I wanted to connect to the router via ethernet, I couldn't!!!! it seems that it does not accept the connection! how should I solve this problem, how can I represent the original firmware on the router?

I will appreciate if any one can help me,
thanks in advance

kInOzAwA

Re: trouble to connecting to wdr3600 router

Post by kInOzAwA »

Try to ping to the router address to see either it reply or not. Did you try to boot into failsafe mode? What do you mean by installing a new package? Is it a new firmware or else?

sarash

Post by sarash »

Thanks for your reply...
no, I can not ping it, because I can not establish a lan connection with the router,I mean I can not connect to it via connection(e.g. eth0)!!!!!
and how can I reboot the system in fail safe mode?
yes that was a firmware....

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Manually set the IP address of your PC to 192.168.1.100

Plug a Ethernet cable form the LAN port of your router to NIC of your PC

On your PC run from command line (CMD)

Code: Select all

ping 192.168.1.1 -t
power up your router, when the second green light comes on press the router reset on the back.

If this goes well the "Sun" shaped LED will flash fast and you will get ping replys

Google "Openwrt failsafe" first