Support for Tp Link MR 3220

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

trex

Support for Tp Link MR 3220

Post by trex »

Hi all... i have a couple of these routers.. and wonder if the firmware for the TP LINK MR3420 will run on the MR 3220... and in the case that dont run how could i build a firmware for this router.... in essence this router is the same to the other except in the wireless chip...

DoesItMatter

Re: Support for Tp Link MR 3220

Post by DoesItMatter »

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3420

Looks like its supported in the TRUNK builds of OpenWRT

Trunk builds are the newest test builds, so they may not be stable
and are updated daily.

But OpenWRT does have support for both the MR3420 and MR3220
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

mix

Post by mix »

Yeah, what DoesItMatter said, this router is supported in trunk only for now. So don't try to load the wrong Gargoyle image on it.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

trex

Post by trex »

I have openwrt already installed on it... but openwrt really sucks when talking about traffic limit, traffic shape per user and some kind of that stuff... In fact i have purchased an MR3420 just to put on it Gargoyle, but i got a bad surprise, it has no space left to install packages for usb modem support... So i found a polish page, that made some king of gargoyle even litle... I dont understand Polish, but i have running on it the firmware...
Just for commnet....

trex

Post by trex »

Hi all you guys... I have looking on the web and found that a member of this forum has already built a firmware for the MR3220.. the liltle problem that it is in Polish... http://ecco.selfip.net/gargoyle-pl/ar71 ... actory.bin
But after flash, i found on the git repo the original /www files and replaced them... Now its running better than fine..In English GUI..
Main Menu Language change this file https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... etc/config
The rest of the files you can find here... I have replaced only the stuff i foud useful the rest I.E. reboot just left as is....to save some KB..
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... /files/www

It just Burns....
and even after replaced all that files still are free space on flash to add more stuff... I really Thank to Cezary to the really good work... and for someone who want to try this version i encourage to do it... It's very stable, and the 3g failback really does work..... :mrgreen:

firnue

Post by firnue »

I am planning to build a dual WAN connection, one with 3G (MR3220) and the other with ADSL, and see how it works. In order for QoS to work properly,
Dual WAN will be using TL-R470T Load Balancer. I believe QoS-enabled router is required between R470T LB and the 2 WAN router, not between R470T and the AP, as we need to define bandwidth for each WAN independently.
The QoS will be handled by Gargoyle. For ADSL, it would be easy, just put any router on top of it installed with Gargoyle, but for 3G, I would need Mr3220 with Gargoyle on it.

I am not familiar with programming (building from source code), but I am very keen in networking (and QoS in Gargoyle is one matter that really interest me)

Care to share you Polish Gargoyle firmware which has been translated into english?
Thanks

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

MR3220 already supported in 1.5.7 & 1.5.8. Download firmware from this site.

firnue

Post by firnue »

I'm currently configure MR3020 for the 3G access, and MR3220 as PPPoE, all with Gargoyle QoS-enabled.
Apparently v1.5.8 doesn't have 3G built in. I used the Polish version as advised by trex, v1.5.8.1 with all 3G-modem-required packages. Edit file on the /etc/usb_modeswitch.d since my modem is not recognized by default, and everything seems fine.
There's one thing, when I enabled the wifi, suddenly the 3G-dial-up won't connect. Tried disabled the wifi, all seems to be fine.
I don't need wifi at the moment, as the 3G is feeding a LB router, but it would be nice if wifi can be enabled.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

Power. Self-powered usb hub for some specific modems is required. And your modem is?

firnue

Post by firnue »

It's an EVDO modem, Huawei EC1261-2.
Well, with the stock firmware, there's no such problem. Even without powered hub, the modem works just fine with Wifi enabled.