USB Storage...

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wildcats198311

USB Storage...

Post by Wildcats198311 »

I have an external hard drive that I am trying to set up Shared Disks using USB Storage. I want to have most folders accessible by all users and have a few password protected. When I set all permissions the way I want them and go into my network to open the Gargoyle folder it asks for User Name and Password right away. I am not able to view the folders that are set anonymous with out entering password.

Is there a way to have a password on some folders and still have anonymous access?

Lantis

Re: USB Storage...

Post by Lantis »

What version are you using?
I actually fixed an issue that is slightly related to this problem not too long ago.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Wildcats198311

Post by Wildcats198311 »

I have version 1.9.0 installed on a WD My Net N750 router. Sorry for not supplying this information in my main post.

I got everything working correctly on my Windows 10 systems. (I restarted my computer and everything worked correctly).

I have 2 computers that I am still running Windows 7, on these systems it still is not working. It wants password to access all folders.

Thank you for responding, and helping with this issue.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I would try this version
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8765

I'm not sure it's the answer but it's a very similar issue and it may fix it.
In this version the behaviour should be that it won't prompt you for a username and password.

Make a backup of your settings first.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Wildcats198311

Post by Wildcats198311 »

I am not sure what I am to do on the provided link.

I just recently installed Gargoyle on my Router, and I am still learning and figuring everything out.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That is a torrent file.
You download and run the .torrent file with a torrent client, which will then download a zip file.
Inside the zip file you will find your routers image.

You'll need the sysupgrade image.
Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Wildcats198311

Post by Wildcats198311 »

I got the torrent file downloaded after registering on dropbox. When I started downloading the file itself I noticed it is 352 mb. I have limited internet so I am unable to download it right now. When I am able to download it I will post again if it fixed this issue.

Thank You.

Wildcats198311

Post by Wildcats198311 »

I got everything downloaded and Installed the file for my router.
The issue I was having was not resolved. On my systems with Windows 7 I still need to enter password to access all shared folders.

I was also just trying to set up Restrictions, every time I set the Restriction and then click Save Changes, the router will reboot, and then I am UNABLE to access the router on ALL my devices.
(I was attempting to set up a Restriction on ONE device -- I would like to BLOCK all HTTP Videos) If there is an easy way that works to do this please let me know.

Also, I am unable to access the Internet OR my Modem via Ethernet connection with this current Build. Is there something in settings that I am overlooking or do I need a Plugin installed to be able to use Ethernet?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Did uou preserve settings when upgrading?
I'd recommend resetting it and starting fresh.

Wildcats198311

Post by Wildcats198311 »

I kept all the settings. How should I start from scratch? Do I have to reinstall the firmware or is there a way to clear everything? And should I not do the back up and restore method as well?
Last edited by Wildcats198311 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.