Trying to apply reghack.mips.elf with 4MB flash rom

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

uiotewre

Trying to apply reghack.mips.elf with 4MB flash rom

Post by uiotewre »

Hello,

I have a DIR-615 C1 router, and with Gargoyle, the maximum dBm is limited to 19. With DD-WRT, I was able to as high as 21dBm.

I'm trying to execute these instructions via the serial console:

Code: Select all

cd /tmp/
wget http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/reghack/old/reghack.mips.elf
chmod +x reghack.mips.elf
./reghack.mips.elf /lib/modules/*/ath.ko
./reghack.mips.elf /lib/modules/*/cfg80211.ko
reboot
The problem is that I get this error on the cfg80211.ko:

Code: Select all

open(): No space left on device
I can apply the script to ath.ko successfully though.

I've tried copying the cfg80211.ko to the tmp folder and executing the script against it there, and it was successful, the problem is that I can't copy it back to /lib/modules/3.3.8/ afterwards.

Is there a setting somewhere which sets a size limit on this folder? I realize my router is limited to 4MB flash, but I've already deleted a bunch of unneeded modules like pppoe-related stuff, so there should be enough space.

Any ideas?

ericwong

Re: Trying to apply reghack.mips.elf with 4MB flash rom

Post by ericwong »

If you are using Gargoyle ROM downloaded here, deleting unused application does not free use any space.. In fact, it will use more space because the file system used is not writable. (read more at Openwrt.org)

You need to build your own ROM without the application you deem unnecessary if you want to free up space on your ROM.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.