Posting "todo" list

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Lucky75

Posting "todo" list

Post by Lucky75 »

Hey Eric,

Just a suggestion, though I don't know if it's actually a good one. I was thinking that it might be useful to post a simplified version of your feature/todo list, so that people don't continuously post suggestions that are already going to be implemented. It might also give us more features to look forward to haha, though not too sure if you want to have promised something and then not be able to structurally do it or something.

Cheers :)

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Posting "todo" list

Post by Eric »

One thing to be aware of is that this changes as new bugs come to my attention, and I get feedback from users about what they like/needs fixing.

However, here are some of my high priorities right now:

1) Figure out what's going on with this bug with madwifi in ap+sta mode

2) Update QoS sections to have a layout (and use some of the same back-end code) as the access restriction section. This should improve flexibility and performance

3) Rework Bandwidth monitor to monitor slightly different time frames (current timeframes aren't the most useful) and to monitor arbitrary IPs on the network, not just the static IPs. This can be accomplished using some of the code I recently wrote for the quotas section.

4) Plugin system -- I've been meaning for ages to build a system to download/install plugin features that aren't appropriate for all routers, but very useful in some cases.

5) "Tools" section so that user can run diagnostics like ping/traceroute etc from GUI.

6) Go through the packages with a fine-tooth comb using Valgrind to conclusively verify there are no memory leaks.

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

Nice:) Looking forward to the new features, particularly #4.

Thanks!

Gargoyle87

Post by Gargoyle87 »

Hi Eric!

May you post a new to-do list, revealing the upcoming upgrades/features in order if possible?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

See the list in this post.

Lately several issues in "real life" have been taking up a lot of time, and I've been tackling several bugs that are particularly ugly -- there's a bug with config restoration that I think is rooted in the time adjustment code of the bandwidth monitor (which is really ugly), and another in the web monitor that despite significant effort remains elusive.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Yeah "real life" can really impact the development schedule.

I've noticed you've been quiet lately and hope all is well.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Everything is fine -- I've just been busy.