Version 1.5.7 -- OpenWRT "Attitude Adjustment"

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.5.7 -- OpenWRT "Attitude Adjustment"

Post by Eric »

You're right that the images should be removed now -- as of 5 minutes ago they're gone.

However, you don't need serial access to the router to correct the problem if you can't get the web interface to perform an upgrade. You can upload a firmware image to /tmp by scp, access the router by ssh and run "sysupgrade -n /tmp/[firmware_file]" However, most people don't want to mess around with ssh/scp if it can be helped.

sajjadhalai

Post by sajjadhalai »

can not download 404 not found ? why

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

New images are now uploaded.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Eric wrote:New images are now uploaded.
Don't forget to update the source code too...

Thanks
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Source was updated too. I just didn't mention it in my previous post.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Eric wrote:Source was updated too. I just didn't mention it in my previous post.
Odd.. I did refresh my browser after your earlier post and just now but it is still saying

fbdb5381 09/18/2012 11:36 pm Eric Bishop
when saving openvpn, only move files required to /etc/openvpn/, so we get rid of dupes/extraneous files

URL I am using is
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/gargoyle ... tment/show
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Slacker

Post by Slacker »

Upgraded juts fine from 1.4.7. (EDIT: 1043ND 1.7)

Here's what I've seen so far:
Enabling SSH did not start daemon without a reboot. I changed ports at the same time, too. (forgot to check and see if default was up, either way it needs lookin' at)

Editing QoS Classes in IE10(in both native and IE9 mode)
brings up blank values.
Editing QoS classes in FF: Editing window too small, hiding the bottom buttons, no scroll bar. A savvy user can use TAB to get there.

EDIT:
Bandwidth monitor on "total bandwidth, none,none"
now shows correct info UNLESS I select anything other than "none,none", then it ignores router torrent activity. Looks like a reboot was needed.

The "Guest network" workaround in the feature requests thread works fine.

EDIT 2: Transmission used to DESTROY my router's CPU and B/W with DHT on. So far so good!

Thanks for all the work you guys do on this firmware!
Last edited by Slacker on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Slacker wrote: Editing QoS Classes in IE10(in both native and IE9 mode)
brings up blank values.
Editing QoS classes in FF: Editing window too small, hiding the bottom buttons, no scroll bar. A savvy user can use TAB to get there.
I have reported this already for a while... except Eric Bishop apparently have not fixed it yet for this release..

You can fix this temporarily by copying the qos configuration file in via SCP. Extract the qos configuration file from your previous gargoyle backup file (I assume you have made a backup before?). But keep in mind the qos configuration page WILL disappear again if you try to configure it.. It is hit and miss affair.. typically it will blank out if you use multiple window to configure the qos.

Do you know you need to do a reboot after the router have booted successfully after flashing the firmware? I mean reboot again after flashing is completed and the router reboot by itself..
This is because the router will be using temporary file system in its 1st boot... Some of the problems could be related to that...
Eric Wong

lceron80

Post by lceron80 »

thanks yc3948, i will try it tonight after work...
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

Wild Rat

Post by Wild Rat »

In new version:
1) Printer connected to my router don't work. (On 1.5.6 version - works)
2) I can't access to HDD connected to router.
3) Can't set WiFi channel above 11.