Version 1.5.0 & 1.4.3

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

nickba

Re: Version 1.5.0 & 1.4.3

Post by nickba »

Hi again,

Just to report that the problem with updating with DynDNS still happening in 1.5.0 the same way it was happening on previous versions on the TL-WR1043ND.

After about 9 or 10 days the router stops updating throught DynDNS and even the Force Updade option does not work. The only solution is a reboot. After a reboot, it works updating throught DynDNS for about 9 days again and stops.

Maybe my configuration helps:
I am using the router with a ADSL modem in bridge mode and I configured the modemaccess.sh to enable the access to the modem configuration page.

Keep the great work!!!

chateau

Post by chateau »

After about 9 or 10 days the router stops updating throught DynDNS and even the Force Updade option does not work. The only solution is a reboot
A possible work around would be to have your router do a ' Scheduled Reboot ' every day. I have mine set up to reboot every day at 12:01 AM.

nickba

Post by nickba »

chateau wrote:
After about 9 or 10 days the router stops updating throught DynDNS and even the Force Updade option does not work. The only solution is a reboot
A possible work around would be to have your router do a ' Scheduled Reboot ' every day. I have mine set up to reboot every day at 12:01 AM.
Thanks for replying chateu!! I was not using the scheduled reboot option, so I could help Eric sort out the bug. But I will set the scheduled reboot to every 7 days, so it should work until the next version.

kamiller42

Post by kamiller42 »

Add me to the list experiencing wifi shutdown. Can happen several times a day. I tried 1.4.3 and 1.5.0. My router is a WZR-HP-G300NH. I tried tweaking some wireless settings, like changing channels, reducing transmit power, etc., to no avail. Very frustrating.

Is it safe to downgrade? Strange thing is I was using 1.4.2 for months with no trouble when it suddenly having wifi drops. I upgraded to 1.4.3 in hopes of fixing problem. It actually got worse, so I tried 1.5.0. It seems to go down about as much as 1.4.3.

SebbesApa

Post by SebbesApa »

Eric wrote: ... The next release in the 1.5 branch (1.5.1) will integrate 3G functionality for USB routers (currently in the 3g branch of the repository), which developer Cezary Jackiewicz has been working on for some time.
Will i be able to add a Dynamic DNS Service to that 3G connection?

ehren8879

Post by ehren8879 »

Whenever my Droid Incredible 2 is allowed on the wifi all other wireless devices will randomly drop their connections. How can I go about reporting this?

LHoust

Post by LHoust »

LHoust wrote:Browser specific issues with 1.4.3 running on a TP-WR741ND (Ver 1.8), were two of the Browsers effected are IE9 (Win7) and Safari 4.1.3 (OS X 10.4 PPC):

1- The List of "Hosts with Active Connections" on the "Connected Hosts" Page (Status Section) is "Empty"???

2- On the "B/W Distribution" Page (Status Section) Displays "COMBINED" taking Half (50 %) of the Pie Charts???

When using Firfox 8.0 (Win7), Safari 5.0.6 (OS X 10.5 PPC) and Safari 5.1.1 (Win7) neither of these issue are observed!!!
I have since upgraded the TP-WR741ND (Ver 1.8) to 1.4.4 and have NOT noticed either of these browser specific issues with IE9 (Win7) and Safari 4.1.3 (OS X 10.4 PPC)!!!

I have also found it helpful to clear the Browser's Cache when changing between versions to avoid problems where Web Page are "Incorrect" (possible because the Content has become "Stale")???