Version 1.4.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Markuz Nightwind

Re: Version 1.4.2

Post by Markuz Nightwind »

I've got serious problems with 1.4.x on TL-WR1043ND with wifi. Seems like the router cuts out my main computer (wifi connected) each like 20 minutes (while it's fine on my GF computer cable connected) then there's no way to reconnect it for another 20 minutes (no ip gets assigned so it's "limited connection"). I rolled back yesterday to 1.3.16 and all seems to be fine. Please what can I do? I don't think 1.3.16 is the best of stability so would be nice to have 1.4 :(

lordlaurin

Post by lordlaurin »

Hi,

somehow UPnP does not work in 1.4.2. Manual port forwarding works fine. Is there some simple way to debug this (I know, "it does not work" is a really sloppy description of the problem :D)?

I'm using a TL-WR1043ND by the way.

Thanks in advance!

k1nd

Post by k1nd »

Router: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND ver1.7
Config restored from backup? NO
Issue:
Serious. WAN TCP traffic cuts out after some time, ICMP still works.
Using pppoe...

Thank you for your efforts, this project is evolving nicely!

asayler

Post by asayler »

Markuz Nightwind wrote:I've got serious problems with 1.4.x on TL-WR1043ND with wifi. Seems like the router cuts out my main computer (wifi connected) each like 20 minutes...
I'm experiencing this issue with 1.4.2 on my WR1043ND v1.8 (purchased new in August). I updated from 1.3.16 using the system upgrade file and reloaded all my settings manually (not via the Restore function).

About every 20 minutes I lose wireless connectivity to the router. Wired seems to be unaffected (or else the act of switching my computer from wireless to wired fixes the issue). Generally I must reboot the router to fix the issue. When the wireless goes down, I lose connectivity to both the router and the Internet.

This is very similar to the issue I had on 1.4.0 (http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... t=20#p7323). I did not test 1.4.1.

For those with "working" WR1043NDs under 1.4.x, are you connecting via wireless or wired? What version of the hardware do you have (maybe an issue on newer post v1.7 models)? Can you run a continuous ping test to both the router and the Internet via a wireless connection and have it work for >30 minutes?

I've reverted to 1.3.16 which seems (mostly) stable.

Except for thsi issue, everything seems to be working fine (static WAN IP, static DHCP assignments, QOS, 40 mHz wireless, WPA, B,G,N).

Keep up the good work! Unfortunately I did not have time to do a thorough set of tests on this issue as I couldn't afford the downtime this morning. If needed, I can do more testing later to help isolate this issue. Let me know what would be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

lordlaurin wrote:Hi,

somehow UPnP does not work in 1.4.2. Manual port forwarding works fine. Is there some simple way to debug this (I know, "it does not work" is a really sloppy description of the problem :D)?

I'm using a TL-WR1043ND by the way.

Thanks in advance!
I could try and help out testing UPNP but I have NEVER used it.

How could I help test it? What uses it?

I don't have any XBOX360 or PS3, so what else would use UPnP
so I could try helping with testing the issue?
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Lrdx

Post by Lrdx »

DoesItMatter wrote:what else would use UPnP
Skype, MSN, torrent clients..

Lrdx

Post by Lrdx »

I have noticed that the "Please Wait While Settings Are Applied" text when I press apply sometimes gets stuck. I have to reload the page from the browser. I don't think this happened with 1.3.x before. Anyone else noticed this, or is just my router started to die?

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

Lrdx wrote:
DoesItMatter wrote:what else would use UPnP
Skype, MSN, torrent clients..
Anything else?

I have Skype, MSN, and Bittorent running with no issues and
do not have UPnP enabled - so not a good test for my setup.

As far as the web page refresh - I suspect its your cache settings.

Try emptying any page history/cache from your browser and
going back into the Gargoyle GUI.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Lrdx

Post by Lrdx »

I think you misunderstood.

Not cache. It is when I press apply, and it never applies. Currently trying to change QoS settings, I left it for 15 min, and the please wait message was still there. Pressing refresh makes it go away, but the settings are not changed.

asayler

Post by asayler »

Lrdx wrote:I have noticed that the "Please Wait While Settings Are Applied" text when I press apply sometimes gets stuck.
The web interface seemed to be working fine for me on a WR1043ND using Chrome (although there are other issues, see my previous post). This includes the "Applying Settings" window, which seems to disappear as it should after a few seconds and the settings get saved.

What router and browser are you using?