Version 1.4.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Trailblazer

Re: Version 1.4.2

Post by Trailblazer »

bplotkin wrote:... I think it would be nice to add links to this main site and the forum to the firmware. what do you think?
I agree. That would be very nice!
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Just installed on my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and it seems to be working well.

I kept having to downgrade to 1.3.14 with later releases than that because of issues. It's nice to be caught up again!

Thanks, Eric et. al.!
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

SirDrexl

Post by SirDrexl »

Has the problem with the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH with the RTL8366RB chip been fixed in this version? I noticed it said it was a newer version of Backfire above RC5, but I wanted to be sure before I try to flash it.

mix

Post by mix »

bplotkin wrote:Hello, just curious if anyone else been getting this issue on WRT54GL router, I am on version 1.3.15 and trying to update to the latest one (1.4.2) but after the uploading screen nothing happens and the router only seems to reboot to the same version.
Any suggestions?
I have this problem with my WRT54GL too. Here is how to flash:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 1621#p7256
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

mix

Post by mix »

pbix wrote:For most folks their WAN link is much slower than their LAN link so this change will help communication latency for Wifi nodes when the Wifi link is saturated due to additional LAN<->LAN traffic. If traffic is limited to LAN<->WAN communication (the usual case) then QoS can handle this issue and there would be no additional benefit from this patch.
PBIX, you seem to be quoting the code change verbatim, which is only half true. You are free to google "bufferbloat txqueuelen" and see the posts on Jim Getty's and some other peoples webpages which explain this, some of these posters are even using Gargoyle firmware for their tests. It's easy enough to do ifconfig wlan0 txqueuelen 32 and ifconfig eth0 txqueuelen 64 and improve page load times. Oh well I tried.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

alencarazevedo

Post by alencarazevedo »

I'm very glad with Gargoyle 1.4.2 version. My WR1043ND is running stable since 09/21, with Transmission and miniDLNA. I've never reached that amount of days without restarts or crashes.

Apologize for my bad English.

slybunda

Post by slybunda »

had to power cycle the router after 2 days of use as a client bridge. it locked up and did not respond at all.

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

SirDrexl wrote:Has the problem with the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH with the RTL8366RB chip been fixed in this version? I noticed it said it was a newer version of Backfire above RC5, but I wanted to be sure before I try to flash it.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h?s

If you do NOT have serial access to the router - don't try flashing
this firmware onto your router. Looks like support was just added
with the latest trunk.

Definitely a question for Eric as to what revision of OpenWRT he
is using in the latest build.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

SirDrexl

Post by SirDrexl »

DoesItMatter wrote:
SirDrexl wrote:Has the problem with the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH with the RTL8366RB chip been fixed in this version? I noticed it said it was a newer version of Backfire above RC5, but I wanted to be sure before I try to flash it.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h?s

If you do NOT have serial access to the router - don't try flashing
this firmware onto your router. Looks like support was just added
with the latest trunk.

Definitely a question for Eric as to what revision of OpenWRT he
is using in the latest build.
Yeah, I was wondering, because on my WRT54G-TM, the latest Gargoyle is rc6 (with an unknown date) according to the login prompt. Apparently the issue was fixed a few months ago, but it isn't in rc5 since it was released shortly before that.

raz

Post by raz »

Wifi still dropping out..

I connected through the LAN and looked at the log.

No particular errors in the log, but tons of DHCPDISCOVER/DHCPOFFER/DHCPREQUEST/DHCPACK/DHCPINFORM messages for all clients.

Yet, none of the clients recovers Wifi access until the "Wifi" command is issued at the SSH prompt.