Version 1.4.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

victor

Re: Version 1.4.2

Post by victor »

That's very good work! On Linksys wrt54gl... before around 90% memory usage now after this update only 65% ;)

Thank you! :)

mix

Post by mix »

"Memory display in Status/Overview no longer includes buffers/cache, making output better reflect what is truly used."

Okay, so all the claims that the WRT54GL was running out of memory are now moot or what?
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

hellbound1988, dreams_idea: Try again now, with the new ar71xx images I just uploaded for 1.4.2

There was a build configuration issue (see update added to original post), which caused USB modules to be included incorrectly. This caused problems because the image was then too big for the router, which only has 4MB of flash space. I've now recompiled images for this and other ar71xx models without USB ports to exclude the unnecessary USB modules and get the firmware down to the right size (though just barely).

mix: No, there are (or can be, if you have enough features being used) genuine memory issues when you have only 16MB of memory. It's just that on higher-memory systems the output was also (erroneously) listing a lot of memory being used. This fixes that.

Regarding the theme menu: Try rebooting, and see if it pops up. You need to reboot after installing a theme before you'll see the menu. If it still doesn't show up you may be suffering from a problem with the original images due to the build-configuration error referenced above, and you should try again with the latest images.

raiko

Post by raiko »

WR-1043ND

QOS save works, no theme menu even after reboot. It doesn't bother me anyway.

Had the same situation as dreams_idea that Access Restrictions settings reverted after save. Delete the rule and recreate it solved the problem.

Again, thanks for your efforts on this!

z21

Post by z21 »

Working great for me on 1043ND as an upgrade from v1.3.14. Settings are persistent after reboot, OpenDNS update works fine.

hellbound1988

Post by hellbound1988 »

Now working good thanks eric for the fix :)

though opendns update not working. But got it worked with dns-o-matic. :D

Dimidrol

Post by Dimidrol »

Eric thank you for your work on Gargulye:)
I have a router TL1043ND.
After the firmware update to 1.4.2 the memory usage actually decreased from 90% to 40%:)
I would like to ask whether it can be added to the WEB interface:
1. Packet forwarding GRE to connect to the internal VPN server LAN from the Internet for example or network.
2. Can I do something wrong doing, but I have configured a DHCP server router, but if you specify a DNS server other than the DNS server of the router, DHCP clients will still be assigned a DNS server the router because of this network sites do not open.
Sorry for my bad English.

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

Dimidrol wrote:...
2. Can I do something wrong doing, but I have configured a DHCP server router, but if you specify a DNS server other than the DNS server of the router, DHCP clients will still be assigned a DNS server the router because of this network sites do not open.
Sorry for my bad English.
Try to go to "Connection" -> "Basic" -> "Local Network / LAN"
Where you are asked "Allow Alternate DNS:" you should choose "Allow Clients To Use Alternate DNS Servers".
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Nice work, Eric.

My RSPro had problems with post 1.3.14 versions when trying to use Client+AP mode. The client simply wouldn't connect. This version connects and works great!'

Now I'll put it on my Buffalo. That's my main gateway. I'll report back.

Thanks again for all your work.
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

alencarazevedo

Post by alencarazevedo »

Memory usage really is better. Below some found issues:
- The system doesn't auto-connect PPOE Connection on boot. It used work on previous version.
- The system doesn't save fixed IP configuration. It used work on previous version too.

TP-LINK WR1043ND