cybero2912

Re: Version 1.4.2

Post by cybero2912 »

problem with settings lost after reboot still present on D-Link DIR-300 :cry:

shastar

Post by shastar »

asayler wrote:
Markuz Nightwind wrote:I've got serious problems with 1.4.x on TL-WR1043ND with wifi. Seems like the router cuts out my main computer (wifi connected) each like 20 minutes...
I'm experiencing this issue with 1.4.2 on my WR1043ND v1.8 (purchased new in August). I updated from 1.3.16 using the system upgrade file and reloaded all my settings manually (not via the Restore function).

About every 20 minutes I lose wireless connectivity to the router. Wired seems to be unaffected (or else the act of switching my computer from wireless to wired fixes the issue). Generally I must reboot the router to fix the issue. When the wireless goes down, I lose connectivity to both the router and the Internet.

This is very similar to the issue I had on 1.4.0 (http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... t=20#p7323). I did not test 1.4.1.

For those with "working" WR1043NDs under 1.4.x, are you connecting via wireless or wired? What version of the hardware do you have (maybe an issue on newer post v1.7 models)? Can you run a continuous ping test to both the router and the Internet via a wireless connection and have it work for >30 minutes?

I've reverted to 1.3.16 which seems (mostly) stable.

Except for thsi issue, everything seems to be working fine (static WAN IP, static DHCP assignments, QOS, 40 mHz wireless, WPA, B,G,N).

Keep up the good work! Unfortunately I did not have time to do a thorough set of tests on this issue as I couldn't afford the downtime this morning. If needed, I can do more testing later to help isolate this issue. Let me know what would be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy
I had this problems on my 1043ND..with 1.4.1 - 1.4.2
That you have to do is erase rootfs_data. and everthing should works great.

How to do this is boot into failsafe mode:
Power up your router. When the 'SYS' light starts to blink, press and hold the 'QSS' button in the front-right until the blinking gets faster. Now open a telnet session to 192.168.1.1. No user name or password required.

Type this:
mtd -r erase rootfs_data

Its gona reboot automatc. Done, now, do not restore old backup. Just type in your settings manually.

Lrdx

Post by Lrdx »

asayler wrote:
Lrdx wrote:I have noticed that the "Please Wait While Settings Are Applied" text when I press apply sometimes gets stuck.
The web interface seemed to be working fine for me on a WR1043ND using Chrome (although there are other issues, see my previous post). This includes the "Applying Settings" window, which seems to disappear as it should after a few seconds and the settings get saved.

What router and browser are you using?
Router is a good old ASUS WL-500GP v1 - for browser, I use the Fox 7 beta, but it is the same with Internet Explorer 9 as well.

lordlaurin

Post by lordlaurin »

DoesItMatter wrote:
Lrdx wrote:
DoesItMatter wrote:what else would use UPnP
so I could try helping with testing the issue?
Skype, MSN, torrent clients..
Anything else?

I have Skype, MSN, and Bittorent running with no issues and
do not have UPnP enabled - so not a good test for my setup.

As far as the web page refresh - I suspect its your cache settings.

Try emptying any page history/cache from your browser and
going back into the Gargoyle GUI.
I'd like to use UPnP for my NAS Storage, PS3, and Skype. For debugging UPnP there's some free software which is capable of opening Ports on an UPnP Router.

Here are some links which might be useful for debugging (haven't used it myself yet):
http://upnp-portmapper.sourceforge.net/
http://www.howtoforge.com/administratin ... e-via-upnp

By the way, other than the UPnP feature, Gargoyle totally rocks! :D I was using DD-WRT before, but there QoS is totally broken (and probably won't be fixed anytime soon). I even bought a second TL-WR1043ND which I set up as bridge using Gargoyle for wirelessly streaming HD videos to my PS3 (which otherwise would only have 802.11b/g - not enough for streaming 720p).

santicaterpilar

Post by santicaterpilar »

port forwading not work in ap+client mode TL741nd only lan to lan no wan to lan :|

asayler

Post by asayler »

shastar wrote:
I had this problems on my 1043ND..with 1.4.1 - 1.4.2
That you have to do is erase rootfs_data. and everthing should works great.

How to do this is boot into failsafe mode:
Power up your router. When the 'SYS' light starts to blink, press and hold the 'QSS' button in the front-right until the blinking gets faster. Now open a telnet session to 192.168.1.1. No user name or password required.

Type this:
mtd -r erase rootfs_data

Its gona reboot automatic. Done, now, do not restore old backup. Just type in your settings manually.
I tried the upgrade to 1.4.2 again and cleared the memory via the above method. Unfortunately, it did not fix my problem and I'm still experiencing the wireless issues. I ran some more testing and my results are below:

Router: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.8
Gargoyle: 1.4.0 and 1.4.2
Setup: Wireless AP (B+G+N) + Static WAN IP + Static LAN Addresses
Issue: <Below>

Router drops wireless connection every 5-30 minutes. Wired seems to be unaffected. During outages, no wireless clients can connect to the network. Occasionally, the wireless will come back on its own after anther 5-30 minutes. When it doesn't, a reboot and reset of the wireless system is required (change wireless settings and re-apply, etc).

Problem occurs in both 20Mhz and 40Mhz modes and using either WPA2-PSK and WPA-PSK. 802.11G and 802.11N clients are effected. No 802.11b clients were tested. During outages, wireless clients can not communicate with each other, the router, or the Internet.

Problem occurs in 1.4.0 and 1.4.2. Not tested in 1.4.1. 1.3.16 is stable and seems to be the last working branch for my TL-WR1043ND. Erasing the rootfs_data seems to have no effect on the problem. All settings were added manually after the upgrade, no old settings were 'restored'.

Can anyone else with a 1043-ND confirm this? Does the issue occur on all 1043NDs, or just the later versions (1.7+)?

laskovy

Post by laskovy »

Externalroot don't work :(

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

asayler wrote:...
Can anyone else with a 1043-ND confirm this? Does the issue occur on all 1043NDs, or just the later versions (1.7+)?
I have two v1.8 and they are working fine with 1.4.2.
I am running it at 20MHz, N+G+B, channel 11, WPA2 PSK and broadcasting SSID.
I have devices with DHCP and devices with statical IP addresses.

If I where you, I would check the log. I have also had trouble with my router. It did reboot itself and looking at the log I discovered that the router was constantly complaining about my AP. Turning off my AP and the router was stable again.
I have later bought a new 1043ND, to be used as an AP, instead of my old AP.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

asayler

Post by asayler »

hnl_dk wrote: If I where you, I would check the log. I have also had trouble with my router. It did reboot itself and looking at the log I discovered that the router was constantly complaining about my AP.
Which log did you check?

mix

Post by mix »

asayler: Immediately after your wireless drops out (or whatever you are experiencing), connect to the router with ssh with a wired client. What is the output of the "logread" command? Something in it will most likely correspond with the timing of the outage occurring.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7