Version 1.3.11

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

jone

Re: Version 1.3.11

Post by jone »

Haven't been able to re-flash since Eric's request, but I can confirm I did try flashing it again when I originally ran into this & it made no difference to the reboot issue.

Clean config each time, and happened for me changing various options in the firewall settings (QoS and Port Forwarding pages). Am also using PPPoE,

Regards,
Jon

LHoust

Post by LHoust »

Although I have been satisfied with the DD-WRT (Build 14929) installed on my WRT54GL Units for the Wireless-G Bridge/AP "Functions" within our Home, I am now "Evaluating" Gargoyle 1.3.14 on one of the WRT54GL Units to Monitor/Control the Internet Bandwidth Usage for our Entire Home (Kids Streaming and Netflix)... With DD-WRT the "Recommended" Procedure for each Firmware Upgrades has always been a "Full" Reset (30-30-30) and then Re-Conifuguring from Scratch, therefore I have keep my DD-WRT Firemware Upgrades to "Minimum"!!!

Within the Gargoyle FORUMS there is talk of being able to do a Config Backup/Restore Between Firmware Upgrades, although in some cases sysupgrade or TFTP has been "Required"!!! From Eric's Description of 1.3.14 it sounds like Gargoyle is close to a "Stable" Release, so will I be able to Upgrade the Firmware from 1.3.14 to "Stable" without having to Re-Conigure from Scratch and if so Procedure should "Work"???

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

You can change from Gargoyle v1.3.13 -> v1.3.14 and save/restore your settings. You cannot switch from DD-WRT->Gargoyle and save/restore settings.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM