Quota over LAN not WAN

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Hawkeye

Quota over LAN not WAN

Post by Hawkeye »

I have a MPR95 Cradle Point that handles 4G over USB. It is my internet source. I have a TP-LINK TL-WR841ND that I am currently operating the Gargoyle firmware. The Quota feature of Gargoyle only works on the WAN port.

The TP-LINK WAN port will not communicate with the Cradle Point LAN port. Which is where the internet is originating.

Any thoughts on possible configuration issus? Or is the Quota feature only through the WAN port?

ispyisail

Re: Quota over LAN not WAN

Post by ispyisail »

gargoyle version?

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Gargoyle Version 1.7.0

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I am hoping to connect the two router's LAN ports to each other as this appears to be the only way for the TP-LINK to see that it has internet. The TP-LINK WAN port will not see internet from the 4G router's LAN port.

I am needing the Quota feature and it seems like it only works through the WAN port on the router with Gargoyle Version 1.7.0 firmware.

Thanks.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

1.7.0 still unstable

but please report any bugs

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

did you try a crossover cable?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

It is true that you need to connect the 3G router's LAN port to the WAN port of your Gargoyle router. By definition WAN is the source to the internet.

Now there is no stated reason that this will not work in your case. Why do you assume you cannot make this connection?

Your 3G router should be configured as a DHCP server and you Gargoyle WAN port configured as a DHCP client (wired). Just make sure that the IP address of the Gargoyle router is not the same as your 3G router. For example if your 3G routers is 192.168.1.1 then make your Gargoyle router 192.168.2.1

Also maybe you already know that if you purchase a Gargoyle router with enough RAM and FLASH space and USB port you could plug your 3G modem directly into the Gargoyle router and ditch your Cradle Point router. It adds nothing to this party.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM