WNDR3600 Internet Drop-outs

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

FishHead

WNDR3600 Internet Drop-outs

Post by FishHead »

Router: WNDR3600
Version: 1.8.0

I've been using Gargoyle for a little while now with little to no issues but I've struck upon a pretty big one that is earning me quite a few enemies in my own home.

I have set a number of static IP's for various wireless and wired devices in the house. At a guess about 25 devices connect and most of them have assigned IP's. I have a group that shuts down wifi overnight (kids) and a group that sets a quota for downloads (homestay student).

Lately though we get what I can only assume are dns drop-outs for both wired and wireless devices. Any torrenting stops, the WiFi will occasionally reset itself and then there will be a random period of time that no one can connect to the internet. During the random time the router itself can access the internet (I can refresh plugins) but nothing else can. Turning it off for a few minutes doesn't help. These drop-outs are becoming more frequent and longer with the longest being about 16 hours.

Before I finished writing this I did see someone suggest installing log reader so I have that going now. I'm happy to supply any details from that or else were to help.

ispyisail

Re: WNDR3600 Internet Drop-outs

Post by ispyisail »

overloaded router?

FishHead

Post by FishHead »

ispyisail wrote:overloaded router?
What would that mean and how could it be fixed?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

screen shot please

like this one

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Before I finished writing this I did see someone suggest installing log reader so I have that going now. I'm happy to supply any details from that or else were to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gx3MCxwEeI

username = root
password = {your password}

type

Code: Select all

logread
post the results

jremtula

Post by jremtula »

we have the exact same problem. WAN connectivity keeps dropping out. We have noticed that it only happens when we set quotas for users. As soon as we hit "save changes" the connectivity for all users (even those not on the quota list) get affected. removing all quotas , resumes the router back to normal. Not sure what the issue is and how to resolve it. Router details:
Device Name:Gargoyle
Gargoyle Version:1.8.0
Model:TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Device Configuration:Gateway
Memory Usage:20.8MB / 123.4MB (16.8%)
Connections:862/4096
CPU Load Averages:0.42 / 0.40 / 0.23 (1/5/15 minutes)

Sekrit

Post by Sekrit »

I have this router for less than a week and experienced loss of internet connectivity today. Internet is restored if I reboot the router. I have setup dynamic dns, DHCP reservations and web monitor. No quotas, limitations or restrictions. QoS is disabled.

Model:TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Device Configuration:Gateway
Memory Usage:20MB / 123.4MB (16.2%)
Connections:432/4096
CPU Load Averages:0.95 / 0.43 / 0.16 (1/5/15 minutes)

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

same router and rock solid

FishHead

Post by FishHead »

Sorry, I was waiting for it to drop out again. I got this straight after it died and reset itself. Was too busy to do the other process, sorry about that. I should be able to do it next time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/480 ... 20load.JPG

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi I have had some small drop outs just wifi never when using my computer witch is wired. I am using 1.9 though but I don't have no quoter set. The drop outs I have had lasted for about 20 30 seconds. I have adblock installed and use opendns. I have about 25 wifi clients and static IP;s set for about 30 devices. Next time it hapens I will try and do a logread. I don't always know when it happens as it's my oldest lad that moans about because he plays dota and aoe3.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260