Abyssmal wireless performance within 48 hours or less

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

00SubZero00

Abyssmal wireless performance within 48 hours or less

Post by 00SubZero00 »

I recently purchased TL-WR1043ND v2 hardware. Having had an Engenius that just didn't live up to my expectations (lots of issues with the FW), I was hoping to use open source firmwware and kick the home wireless network up a notch.

I upgraded the TL-WR1043ND to Gargoyle 1.7.0 without a hitch and really like the simple interface and ease of configuration. However within 48 hours - no joy. The wireless network appears to have developed significant latency. Performing a constant ping @ 32bytes avg. ping times were in 1700ms with no traffic transiting the device. Using 1500 byte packets and well forget about it - dial up would be way faster. When I perform a hard boot, it resets the performance until another 24-48 hours.

I was really hoping to hoping to use this firmware but having to reboot my router daily is a deal breaker (even with the Engenius I didnt have to do that except the client's WPA2 key would get corrupted) - I reverted back to the stock FW and no latency issues. Stock FW seems to work ok without some of the features I had hoped to use.

Is this a known issue and is there any work around?

Thanks,

SZ

ispyisail

Re: Abyssmal wireless performance within 48 hours or less

Post by ispyisail »

what about 1.6.2?

00SubZero00

Post by 00SubZero00 »

Well I feel pretty stupid - I see that is experimental build - yes perhaps I should try a stable build first.... ty - I ll give it a whirl!

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Does reboot fix your problem?
If yes, just configure your Gargoyle router to reboot daily by itself.

I noticed there is a lot of WIFI related problems on TL-WR1043ND v1 and v2. There are several tickets at Openwrt on TL-WR1043ND WIFI problems if you look up the error that shows up in the system or kernel log when your WIFI runs into problems. One of them are over 2 years old.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.