TP-Link 1043 no DHCP

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

dg_102

TP-Link 1043 no DHCP

Post by dg_102 »

Hi,

I had version 1.5.4 on a TP-Link 1043 running non stop for about 24 days, and last night just stopped working. I did a power cycle as I couldn't connect to it. Apparently the DHCP isn't assigning IPs.

What can I do? Should I try the reset button?

Thank you,

dg.

mix

Re: TP-Link 1043 no DHCP

Post by mix »

Weird. You can access the recovery mode power cycling your router, and when the SYS light starts to blink, press and hold the QSS button in the front-right until the blinking gets faster. You should then be able to telnet into the router at ip address 192.168.1.1 (make sure you give your computer a static ip address and connected it with a ethernet cable). Once you telnet in, run the command firstboot which should erase the jffs2 partition and hopefully clear out the bad data that is preventing your router from booting. More instructions are listed here:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

dg_102

Post by dg_102 »

Once I get home I'll try this. I noticed that once in a blue moon this router has strange behavior. I can't explain it, it just does it.

Thank you for your link.

dg

dg_102

Post by dg_102 »

I got home, I did plug in the router without a WAN, and suddenly my laptop wireless connects to the router. Everything looks to be fine inside. I am able to ssh into the router, not sure if there are any logs. I put back the router on the electrical panel, reconnect everything, including the OBi device. Everything is perfect.

After about two hours, the OBi stops connecting to the server(voip.ms). I changed the static IP and again everything works for about another two hours.

Now, I am considering to either reinstall Gargoyle latest version and see if this behavior repeats it's self or put back the original firmware(TP-Link) and test it. Considering that we have a long weekend I might try both. Right now I am using a very old Siemens wireless router and it works just fine.

I am inclined to think that it could be something wrong on the hardware side(memory), just an assumption.

Thank you,

dg